Elementary is building the future of Computer Vision and Machine Learning for manufacturing. We're a Series A startup backed by fantastic investors including Threshold, Fika, Toyota AI Ventures and Idealab! Our products are deployed at Fortune 500 companies and delivering value to their manufacturing processes through CV + ML quality and traceability checks that run on the edge and report results to our state-of-the-art cloud platform. Our software team works cross-functionally and primarily in Python across code that runs on the edge (on our cameras), IoT, and cloud backend. We pride ourselves on strong software engineering fundamentals including unit testing, CI/CD, and full-stack simulation to allow our team to move quickly and deliver high-quality features to our customers.
What You'll Do
- Develop and review technical architecture plans from members of various teams as we develop projects that span from the edge, to our cloud servers and our user-facing web application.
- Lead and build cross-stack features, primarily in Python, that will deliver value to our users
- Perform code reviews and provide guidance, insight and mentorship to the Software Engineering team
- Work using Atom, our open-source microservice SDK, to develop well-engineered, unit-tested microservices that power our cameras and robots
- Develop configuration-as-code utilizing build tools such as CircleCI, Docker, and Ansible
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience working as a member of a software engineering team utilizing strong version control, unit testing, CI/CD
- 3+ years of experience shipping production-grade Python code
- 1+ years of experience with Docker and/or other containerization tools
- Proficient using linux for software development
- Experience with C++
- Experience with Python backend web frameworks such as Django, Flask and FastAPI
When joining Elementary, you’ll become an integral member of our small community and will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Flexible vacation schedule
- A team culture focused on inclusivity, curiosity, personal and technical humility, ownership, and work/life balance.