Elementary automates defect detection for manufacturers using computer vision and deep learning AI. Our mission is to make manufacturing more efficient and less wasteful.
Our team of 25 and growing is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in Chicago and Mexico City. We have raised over $15 million dollars from great investors including Threshold Ventures, Fika Ventures, Fathom Capital, Toyota AI Ventures, and Idealab.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Web Engineer to help us build out and scale our product to thousands of manufacturing facilities. This role on our Engineering team will partner closely with Product and Machine Learning.
- Contribute to architecture and design of a frontend-backend-IoT system designed for massively parallel users and devices
- Work closely with the product, design and engineering teams to conceive and implement new features for users across our stack
- Interface with customers to obtain feedback and improve the product
- Develop code primarily in Python using strong software engineering tools and techniques such as git, github, docker, CI/CD and unit testing
- Develop your code using our simulation platform and then deploy it onto our robotic hardware
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience developing full-stack solutions at scale
- Proficient in Python
- Familiar with popular Python backend frameworks such as Django and Flask
- Familiar with databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Amazon RDS and Redis
- Experience taking ownership of projects and delivering solutions
- Capable of writing modular and maintainable code
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Mildly obsessed with programming
- Strong written and spoken English
- Familiar with cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud
- Familiar with containerization techniques such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Familiar with IoT communication protocols and paradigms
- Familiar with video streaming techniques such as webRTC, RTSP, MJPEG, etc.
- Above market salary from a fast-growing startup funded by tier 1 US-based venture capital (VC) firms
- Full legal benefits with affiliation to IMSS and INFONAVIT
- Major medical insurance and life insurance
- Flexible vacation schedule
- Ability to work remotely (for local residents)
- A team culture focused on inclusivity, curiosity, personal and technical humility, ownership, and work/life balance.
***Please submit your application in English***