About Elemental Excelerator
Elemental Excelerator is on a mission to redesign the systems at the root of climate change. In 2009, we launched a new non-profit model for funding climate tech deployment. Breaking down barriers to innovation alongside entrepreneurs provides us unique insight into the policy, market, and technology innovation needed to build systems to uplift people and communities around the world. Elemental has invested in over 100 growth-stage companies and celebrated more than a dozen exits, funded more than 70 technology projects, and built a platform for scaling equitable, market-driven solutions to climate change.
At Elemental, we blend a growth mindset with the diverse backgrounds and roots of our team, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone’s contributions are valued and encouraged.
Help us build climate solutions
We're looking for an individual to lead community partnerships for our organization directly, and also as part of pilot projects we develop with our portfolio companies. This includes building out our approach for partnering with local suppliers, community leaders, and community-based organizations.
The Elemental culture is fast-paced, joyful, and results-oriented, offering opportunities to learn, grow, and give to a high-performing team. The key responsibility for this role will be to further develop, test, and iterate on community partnership models and processes so that Elemental Excelerator can be an outstanding conduit for the companies we support in the climate, clean infrastructure, and innovation sectors with communities on the frontlines of climate change. The Partnerships Manager, Equity & Access will report to our Managing Director, Equity & Access.
Key responsibilities may include:
Building and implementing our Community Partner strategy to Partner Deeply
- Furthering the Elemental partnership model so that it centers urgent environmental and social equity issues in frontline communities and advances our approach to investing in projects for mutual benefit and equitable outcomes – includes crafting opportunities for Elemental to be a conduit between startups and suppliers or community leaders.
- Partnering with Elemental’s Manager of Innovation, Equity & Access to demonstrate our Principles of Equitable Behavior to develop partnerships where startups and community members experience mutual benefit.
- Encouraging our council of advisors who provide input on our company selection, project deployment, and program tools so that we are capturing insights for mutual benefit.
Convening, Facilitation, and Insight Gathering to Inspire Action
- Co-developing and facilitating a community of practice for climate-tech startup leaders to grow their capacity and dedication to advancing equitable business practices including building in a foundation of learning, networking, and community-building.
- Facilitating conversations with partners across different sectors with an eye to problem-solving and navigating the tension between the vitality of climate change and innovation and a commitment to equity and justice.
- Handling projects towards internal and external deadlines
- Collaborating optimally across the team, i.e., with our Equity & Access team, Engagement, and Portfolio teams to ensure alignment and use with existing programs
- Substantial work experience and education
- Experience in partnerships, program development, strategy, or a related field with a track record of leading sophisticated, multi-stakeholder projects
- Experience in a climate, sustainability, and/or environmental justice related field with one of the following sectors; water, agriculture, mobility, circular economy, or energy
- Passion for the intersection of climate change x social justice x innovation
- Strong project management skills; adept at meeting deadlines and consistently following through to completion of projects
- Strong communication – oral and written with ability to communicate across various teams and partners with patience, calm and understanding.
- Demonstrate Elemental’s four values: Growth mindset, Humble spirit, Joyful work, and Kuleana (responsibility and stewardship)
- Desire to continuously learn and grow through practice with a creative and proactive approach to problem-solving
- Experience creating processes and programming that prioritize lived experience, relevancy, and accessibility in your current work
- Experience in the early-stage innovation space, with startups, or related ecosystem
- Experience building a program in its early stages and constantly refining for clarity
- Experience working with technical or entrepreneurship-related organizations
We will consider candidates located in Hawaiʻi or California, and when in-person work resumes be able to travel to our HQs located in Honolulu, Hawaiʻi and East Palo Alto, California.
Competitive pay will be offered commensurate with qualifications. Please submit a resume and cover letter online at https://elementalexcelerator.com/jobs/. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
We will accept and review applications until September 10, 2021.