About Elemental Excelerator
Elemental Excelerator is on a mission to redesign the systems at the root of climate change. In 2009, the non-profit launched a new model for funding climate tech deployment. Breaking down barriers to innovation alongside entrepreneurs provides Elemental unique insight into the policy, market, and technology innovation needed to build systems to uplift people and communities around the world. Elemental has invested in over 100 growth-stage companies and celebrated more than a dozen exits, funded more than 70 technology projects, and built a platform for scaling equitable, market-driven solutions to climate change.
At Elemental, we blend a growth mindset with the diverse backgrounds and roots of our team, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone’s contributions are valued and encouraged.
Operational Scale-Up Coach
- Are you passionate about helping growing hardware and software companies scale?
- Do you know what it takes for a Seed to Series B startup to scale people and hiring, business processes, organizational structure, culture, effective partnerships, and new markets?
- Do you have a network of people with deep expertise to help companies overcome tough operational challenges?
Apply to be our Operations and People Scale-Up Coach (think “COO-in-residence”)! Work will be performed within a multifaceted, results-oriented team environment with support from our organization and the broader ecosystem. We are seeking someone who is a delight to work with and a credible partner for our startups!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Resident coach for the Operations and People Scale-Up module of the Strategy Track, leading 1:1 coaching sessions for Elemental portfolio companies
- Provide insight and advice on designing and planning for operational growth around hiring and compensation, culture, communications, supply chain planning, partner fit, risk identification, financial modeling, organizational growth, and operational tools
- Co-design curriculum goals, interactive experience and deliverables with Elemental team
- Provide hands-on support for identification, development and implementation of tools and processes as needed
- Share portfolio progress and technical/business insights with internal team
- Background as a startup founder or operations mentor
- Proven track record in growing company operations
- Deep understanding of scaling people operations (hiring, compensation, culture, communication)
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to engage network to support Elemental portfolio companies and broader ecosystem
- Flexible, creative, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- High emotional intelligence and ability to build interpersonal relationships
- Proven ability in energy, agriculture, water, mobility, or circular economy
- Relationships within strategic corporates/multinationals
Due to the remote nature of this program, our preference is for the Operations and People Scale-Up Coach to be willing to work across global time zones. Travel would be likely 10%, mainly in the U.S. and Asia Pacific. The majority of this position’s engagement will be remote work and coaching.
Compensation & Benefits
Elemental Excelerator offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. This is a consulting position that could range from 10-20 hours per week starting September 2021.
Elemental Excelerator is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter online at https://elementalexcelerator.com/jobs/
We will accept and review applications on a rolling basis. Although all applications will be considered, we may be unable to respond to all inquiries.