About Elemental Excelerator
Elemental Excelerator is on a mission to redesign the systems at the root of climate change. In 2009, we launched a new non-profit model for funding climate tech deployment. Breaking down barriers to innovation alongside entrepreneurs provides us outstanding insight into the policy, market, and technology innovation needed to build systems to uplift people and communities around the world. Elemental has invested in over 100 growth-stage companies and celebrated more than a dozen exits, funded more than 70 technology projects, and built a platform for scaling equitable, market-driven solutions to climate change.
At Elemental, we blend a growth mindset with a diverse set of backgrounds and roots of our team, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone’s contributions are valued and encouraged.
Equity & Access Career Pathways Manager
We're looking for an individual to lead our education and talent development efforts. The Elemental culture is fast-paced, joyful, and results-oriented, offering opportunities to learn, grow, and give to a high-performing team.
The key responsibility for this role will be to identify – and support the creation of – career pathways that Elemental Excelerator can be an outstanding conduit for to the fields we support in the climate, clean infrastructure, and innovation sectors with a special focus on inclusion for frontline community, and traditionally excluded students.
The Career Pathways Manager will report to our Managing Director, Equity & Access and periodically supervise an analyst or interns. Activities may include:
Inspire Action: Career Pathways Model Development
- Identify the major points of leverage (the classroom, partnerships, programming, portfolio companies) Elemental Excelerator has to allow us to experiment with bringing talent into and crafting new great jobs
- Recommend a Career Pathways model based on Elemental’s work to date and potential opportunity for impact that identifies the points of entry into the climate sector that Elemental can utilize to help us launch 500 climate careers and encourage 10,000
- Establish internal processes that ensure we are designing our program with the low-barrier-to entry in mind
- Utilize this Career Pathways model to plan for funding and build partnerships for Elemental’s program
Partner Deeply: Run Relationships Across the Program
- Elemental loves our Career Pathways partners! Develop important partnership relationships that experiment with ways to launch and inspire careers
- Prepare partnership meetings with clear roles and responsibilities, project vision, and outcomes
- Assess our programs and commit to a growth mentality, accepting feedback and room for improvement every iteration
- Develop relationships with institutions that serve students and those looking to enter the climate sector from frontline and traditionally excluded communities
Internship Program Coordination:
- Plan and coordinate Elemental’s internship programs in collaboration with our partners and Equity & Access team to place students with companies related to energy, water, agriculture, circular economy, and transportation
- Serve as a liaison between interns and companies and collect insights to advise how we set expectations for companies create an inclusive work environment
- Develop and supervise metrics and assemble information on lessons learned and implement findings in future iterations with partners
What you will do
After 3 months:
- Build internal relationships with team members to understand their background and roles, and so that they know you, your role, and the value you bring
- Have a strong point of view about how you will spend your time, the resources you have and need to achieve your programs objectives within Elemental’s 5-Year Strategy
- Gain familiarity with 2020 internships with portfolio companies and internship management partners, understand internship contracts and contracting structure
- Audit 2021 internship program and plan 2022 internship program with partners
After 6 months:
- Become primary Manager of all education grants and programs
- Develop a comprehensive Career Pathways Model and funding plan
- Complete solicitation of 2021 internship program
- Conversational comprehension of Elemental Excelerator’s accelerator program, companies, Equity Is Dynamic Journey, barriers to enter the climate sector, and the benefits of climate innovation in the educational landscape
After 1 year:
- Share out a year in review of metrics and lessons tracked throughout the year with Elemental team.
- Guide and advise Elemental Excelerator’s Career Pathways program by fully integrating it into Elemental Excelerator’s 5 Year Strategy and operations.
- Start deploying on 2021-2022 Education Program.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience working in education or workforce development
- Strategic problem solver & conscientious leader who can execute sophisticated programs while creating deep trust with partners
- Project and contract management experience
- Experience working with and/or engaging diverse stakeholders
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and thorough; ability to work with deadlines and consistently follow through to completion of assigned projects
- Creative and proactive in solving problems
- Substantial experience in education/workforce development, with preferred 2-3 years of people management experience
- Experience leading a program or organization in education
- Experience with data management and analytics
- Nonprofit, technical, or entrepreneurship-related organizations experience
- Success with convening / leading events and conversations
We will consider candidates located in Honolulu, Hawaiʻi or the Bay Area, California. Elemental has a hybrid working model, but will be expected to be available remotely during HQ working hours, and when in-person work resumes be able to commute to one of our HQ locations: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi or East Palo Alto, California.
Elemental Excelerator offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off. This is a full-time "at-will" position working 40 hours per week.
Elemental Excelerator is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter online at https://elementalexcelerator.com/mission/#join.
We will accept and review applications on a rolling basis. Although all applications will be considered, we may be unable to respond to all inquiries.