We’re looking for an Executive Assistant!
About Elemental Excelerator
Elemental Excelerator is on a mission to redesign the systems at the root of climate change. In 2009, the non-profit launched a new model for funding climate tech deployment. Breaking down barriers to innovation alongside entrepreneurs provides Elemental unique insight into the policy, market, and technology innovation needed to build systems to uplift people and communities around the world. Elemental has invested in over 100 growth-stage companies and celebrated more than a dozen exits, funded more than 70 technology projects, and built a platform for scaling equitable, market-driven solutions to climate change.
At Elemental, we blend a growth mindset with the diverse backgrounds and roots of our team, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone’s contributions are valued and encouraged.
Help us Build Something Phenomenal!
Elemental is looking for an Executive Assistant who will contribute to the growth of our organization, working together with our team, partners, and portfolio companies.
Our ideal Executive Assistant will ensure that everything runs smoothly for Elemental’s CEO. This role reports to the CEO and is a fantastic opportunity to be hands on with the organization from both a high level and detailed view.
Scheduling and Meeting Preparation
- Manage CEO’s calendar to support key strategic priorities
- Collaborate with external parties to set up meetings (gathering background information, collecting materials, briefing the CEO as needed)
- Proactively assist with meeting follow-up, including sharing notes and supervising action items
- Route correspondence according to team priorities, expertise, and bandwidth
- Own and coordinate scheduling, team coordination, and processes both internally and externally
- Plan and coordinate travel for CEO
- Conduct research and pull insights from across the team to draft talking points, articles, and memos
- Effectively embody and communicate CEO’s voice to achieve strategic goals
- Communicate with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality
- Care for relationships with key partners, identify potential needs and concerns, and build opportunities for positive engagement throughout Elemental
- Support relationships through thoughtful interactions, such as writing letters, sending thank you notes, gifts
- Extend the CEO’s presence and warmth as a representative of Elemental
- Serve a lead role in planning and materials preparation for board meetings
Administration and Operations
- Support with team building events, expense reporting, office management, and other needs that arise
- 3+ years of proven experience working with startups, venture capital, accelerator programs, frontline communities, or social equity organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team focused approach
- Able and excited to work in fast-paced teams
- Inventive with research and able to identify information needed for maximum impact
- Ability to exercise discretion with sensitive company information
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills
- Creative and innovative in solving problems
- Receptive to feedback and highly coachable
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Experience and comfort with managing up
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Experience working as an executive assistant, chief of staff, or related role
- Interest and experience with one or more of the following sectors: energy, mobility, water, agriculture, circular economy, and social justice
The preferred location for this position is Honolulu, HI; candidates in the Bay Area, CA will also be considered. Travel may be required.
Competitive pay will be offered commensurate with qualifications. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please submit a resume and cover letter online. We will accept and review applications on a rolling basis. Although all applications will be considered, we are unable to respond to all inquiries.