Sales Director - EMEA (London)
Element AI is one of the world’s largest artificial intelligence companies, with a shared goal of using our extensive research to develop AI products and software that will solve some of the most challenging issues facing businesses and society as a whole.
We are founded on the belief that humans should be at the heart of everything we do, and have adopted a people-first and collaborative mindset to ensure we collectively drive real and ethically-sound results.
The Sales team at Element AI works with clients to discover and define the highest impact applications for AI for their business. We act as trusted advisors throughout our clients’ journey: from defining an executive vision for AI, to building a long-term roadmap that identifies priority AI use cases and enablers, to articulating specific concepts for valuable, desirable, and feasible AI applications that Element AI’s technical teams deliver.
What you’ll do:
As a Sales Director, your role focuses on helping clients understand the strategic fit and potential impact AI could have in their business. You will understand the clients’ needs, understand the industry and domain characteristics, manage customer relationships, create and execute account strategies, and work closely with the Business Solutions teams to transform customers as their trusted AI partner.
- Manage multiple opportunities (both inbound and outbound) through the entire sales cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary, and serve as the primary customer contact for all sales-related activities;
- Lead senior client executives into AI projects through a consultative sales approach;
- Execute a consultative sales methodology with an average sales cycle of 4-6 months;
- Create detailed business plans to facilitate the attainment of goals and quotas;
- Unearth new sales opportunities through networking, qualify them and turn them into long term partnerships;
- Present products to prospective clients;
- Remain in frequent contact with the clients in your responsibility to understand their needs;
- Negotiate agreements and keep records of sales and data.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 8-10 years of sales experience (with at least 5-7 years of quota carrying enterprise software and consulting services experience);
- University degree required/advanced degree is a plus;
- Work comfortably at the C-Suite within the client to engage and build upon the AI agenda;
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company);
- Prior sales methodology training;
- Strong existing relationships within one of these industries (insurance, capital markets, banking, supply chain) a must;
- An unrelenting drive to learn, succeed and lead by example;
- Native level English, written/verbal communication skills. A second language is an asset.
What we offer for your valuable work:
- Work closely with other AI enthusiasts;
- Enjoy your work and life harmony;
- Leave your mark in a thriving industry;
- Apply your talent to tackling new challenges everyday;
- Be surprised at how much you will learn;
- Open and inclusive company culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.