This role is equivalent to a Senior Project or Senior Program Manager.
Element AI is one of the world’s largest artificial intelligence companies, with a shared goal of using our extensive research to develop AI products and software that solve some of the most challenging issues facing businesses and society as a whole.
We are founded on the belief that humans should be at the heart of everything we do, and have adopted a people-first and collaborative mindset to ensure we collectively drive real and ethically-sound results.
Reporting to the Director of Delivery Services, the Delivery Manager, will lead client project(s) by collaborating with various internal cross-functional teams, and will own the full project life cycle from initiation to post go-live support for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously.
What you’ll do:
Manage delivery projects’ day-to-day
- Is the key point of contact for the client with regards to the on-going relationship during the mandate, the delivery of the SOW requirements and project activities;
- Lead client project(s) by collaborating with various internal cross-functional teams, and will own the full project life cycle from initiation to post go-live support for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously;
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to post go-live support for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously;
- Manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to the Element AI Delivery Process;
- Management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery;
- Chairs the project management team meetings;
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project;
- Act as an internal quality control check for the project;
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery;
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
Act as liaison
- Represent the voice of the customer on internal project dynamics;
- Understand interdependencies between technology, product architecture and definition, operations and business needs;
- Identify and develop a trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and Element AI teams;
- Engage with the client to build a trusted relationship;
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
Report on progress
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities;
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership;
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication.
Contribute to building delivery capacities across the organization
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices;
- Participate in establishing project management and delivery best practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven success in delivering and leading complex projects and successful deliverables;
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology teams and organizations;
- You can work in an ambiguous environment and know how to orchestrate and rally teams in order to achieve a common business objective;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, but you know how to exert influence and gain buy-in from executives sponsors, team members, stakeholders and peers;
- You demonstrate decisiveness and are an analytical and creative problem solver, making it easy for you to deal with shifting priorities, demands and timelines;
- Demonstrated technical curiosity and ability to assimilate AI concepts, vulgarize and align them to business aspects for more fluid customer interactions and discussions.
More specifically, you have:
- Proficiency in the English language, a second language (i.e. French) is considered an asset;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience;
- 8-10 years of project management experience, including planning and tracking projects, facilitating workshops and discussions, applying governance and managing various stakeholders;
- 3+ years of previous experience with gathering requirements from the client / business and documentation;
- Experience with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle is an asset;
- Deep expertise using project management tools like MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Google Slide, Sheet, Doc, and other project management tools;
- Comfortable with travel as necessary.
What we offer for your valuable work:
- Work closely with other AI enthusiasts;
- Enjoy your work and life harmony;
- Leave your mark in a thriving industry;
- Apply your talent to tackling new challenges every day;
- Be surprised at how much you will learn;
- Open and inclusive company culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.