As an applied research scientist in the Financial Products group at Element AI, you will sit in a cross-functional team with several other people with a diversity of skill sets and you will enjoy a unique opportunity to use your creativity towards applying cutting edge machine learning and operations research methods to problems with significant impact in the financial industry. While doing so you will have access to the best hardware and you will be assisted by a team of IT experts and software developers, to ensure most of your time is spent on core R&D challenges.
What you’ll do
- Build Machine Learning models that recommend financial products/services to users.
- Design Always On experiments framework
- Measure price sensitivity and build pricing frameworks for retail banking products
- Use causal inference methods to design and suggest experiments and new ways to establish causality, assess attribution and answer strategic questions using data
- Deeply understanding consumer behavior, "firm" behavior, and competition and solving complex business problems through the combined use of data, technology and strategy
What we’re looking for
- Masters or Ph.D. in Applied Statistics, Computer Science, or similarly quantitative field
- Training and experience in using advanced quantitative methods (statistics, econometrics, ML, RL, causal inference, experimentation) to predict several user behaviors, causal inference and uplift modeling, survival analysis, and the design of randomized experiments to test model predictions. Industry experience solving problems in search/recommendations/ad targeting/pricing optimization will be an added bonus.
- Experience with practical data science: source control workflows, deploying machine learning models in production, real-time machine learning
- Strong programming skills in python and fluency in data manipulation (SQL, Spark, Pandas) and machine learning (scikit-learn/keras/tensorflow/pytorch) tools
What’s in it for you
Fully paid for benefits, flexible hours and participation in the employee stock option program.
The chance to work with one of Canada’s most prolific, passionate and dedicated community of ML & AI researchers, developers and scientists.
Lots of food, snacks and coffee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.