Element AI is one of the world’s largest applied artificial intelligence companies and one of Canada’ fastest growing startups. We constantly push the frontier of knowledge, tackling the world's biggest and most interesting challenges in artificial intelligence, machine learning and operations research.
The field of artificial intelligence (AI) is advancing at an accelerating pace, with new results published every day in the scientific literature and breakthroughs occurring every other week in areas as varied as computer vision, natural language processing and robotics. All those advances mean that AI is becoming ever more applicable across organizations; it also means that knowledge about those advances must become spread more widely and systematically.
The Research writer will ensure our company’s fundamental research initiatives and projects are communicated externally across all relevant media (articles, social media, video, podcast, etc.), with a core focus on driving a world-class lab blog.
Look at https://distill.pub as an example of the type of content we’re looking to create.
You want to join us because you are passionate about:
- Understanding complex knowledge and making it accessible to neophytes
- AI and machine learning new publications and discoveries
- Building bridges between advances in research and real-world applications
- Communicating great ideas to a specialized audience.
We want you to join us to:
- Create technical content (blog posts, white papers, etc.) to promote the work the researchers are doing within the scientific community.
- Develop and maintain the Research blog platform under the Element AI banner
- Work with research scientists to communicate the work they’re doing
- Collaborate with the design and dev teams to create visually impactful content
- Respond to feedback and adjust content accordingly
- Be a core contributor to the strategy for positioning the Lab publicly
- Weekly/monthly reporting consisting of both qualitative and quantitative measurements that help evaluate success based on input from users, site metrics, etc.
- Assist the researchers in their written communication efforts
We want you to join us because you have:
- Degree in computer science, engineering, machine learning or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience creating content for a technical audience
- Highly polished writing skills, strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for and understanding of the AI research space
- Methodical, detail-oriented to ensure flawless execution;
- Proven interpersonal, collaborative and open communication skills;
- Excellent written skills in English and French;
- A sense of how to visually communicate complicated technical concepts
What we offer for your valuable work:
- Highly dynamic, innovative, passionate, intrapreneurial team
- Open and inclusive company culture
- Worldwide competitive salary
- Participation in the company success through the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Participation in company employee benefits program
- Flexible hours (outside of core hours)
- Autonomous, self-managed Agile teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**Please include 3 relevant links to past writing and a link to your Medium profile or other publication (if you have one).