At ElementAI we are putting together a world-class research and development team to build a platform enabling next generation AI-First businesses and advancing AI For Good.
Our applied research agenda in London focuses on working with humanitarian, environmental,
societal projects and products for NGOs and nonprofits, providing the tech capacity and AI expertise
to help solve some of the biggest worldwide issues those organisations face - such as human rights
violation. We do so by helping them to tackle their real-world problems on real-world data, turning
finding into products they love.
We take pride in finding the right tool for the job, being equally at ease with the full range of machine
learning algorithms (from the most advanced GAN to the most down-to-earth k-means) as well as its
engineering-intensive deployment for full scale use: solving the problems is what matters.
As a Software Engineer at ElementAI, you will be working hand in hand with people who have a real
use for your tools. Forget “take the data and run”: we design through collaboration to make sure that
what you develop has real impact.
In this role, you will face diversified challenges and you may end up working on time-series, images,
videos, control problems, etc. While doing so you will have access to the best hardware. You will also
enjoy a unique opportunity to use your creativity both to understand the latest fundamental research
and to modify, extend and adapt it for real-world projects.
You want to join us because you are passionate about:
- Participating in the elaboration, architecture, design, development, testing, deployment, operation,
maintenance, and enhancement of tools, libraries, frameworks, platform and full stack software
- Collaborating with the Machine Learning research group to productize the models and research
findings as well as maintain AI models deployed in production;
Fostering a strong DevOps culture;
We want you to join us because you have:
- At least 5 years of experience on large scale projects, preferably continuously delivered SaaS
- Experience and mastery of a few programming languages; we use Python and Go, but welcome any
developer willing to learn;
- Experience developing and delivering on a public cloud provider like Google Cloud Platform,
Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services; or have built an in-house cloud with all that this involves in
terms of tools, monitoring, diagnostic, etc.;
- Experience or knowledge of Web GUI frameworks, an asset. We use ReactJS;
- Experience with and belief in TDD and the testing tools for the different portions of the technology
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and its toolchain (e.g. Git workflow, CI systems like Jenkins,
CircleCI, SnapCI, Team Foundation, jFrog Artifactory, etc);
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other container-based deployment along with the
automation tools, an asset
What we offer for your valuable work:
Highly dynamic, innovative, passionate, intrapreneurial team;
Open and inclusive company culture;
Worldwide competitive salary;
Participation in the company success through the Employee Stock Option Plan;
Participation in company employee benefits program;
Flexible hours (outside of core hours);
Autonomous, self-managed Agile teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or
Closing date for applications: 7th February 2019.