Electriphi was founded in 2018 and is headquartered in Palo Alto California. The company provides software solutions with the singular focus of enabling the transition to zero emission vehicles across heavy, medium and light duty fleets in public as well as private segments.
Electriphi was acquired June of 2021 by Ford Motor Company. Electriphi now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary responsible for defining the Go To Market for Ford Pro as it relates to charging. The newly formed Ford Pro Charging is a business unit within Ford Pro responsible for delivering End-to-End solutions for our commercial customers. This includes software, hardware, and the necessary services to design, build and operate commercial charging for Ford and Non-Ford customers alike.
How do we work?
- Over-communicating to ensure clarity and healthy remote collaboration
- Challenging directly and respectfully to ensure the team stays focused on ambitious, efficient, and effective customer solutions
- Leaning in when there’s a fire. Though acquired by Ford, Electriphi is a start-up in our speed, growth, and culture. We don’t say, “that’s not my problem.” We do say, “here’s how I can help” with an eye to the sustainability and scalability of processes and ownership
- Building strong bones for a new and scaling business: contributing to process and team culture in tandem with product execution
Our team is spread across multiple continents and time zones. Flexibility is in our DNA.
Outcomes matter. We empower people to take ownership of their work and schedules. We don’t micromanage.
If you can see possibilities where others see problems, have candid conversations to ensure all voices are heard, and thrive in a collaborative environment where clear communication is paramount, you’ll be empowered to do great work here.
What’s the opportunity?
As a Product Designer you will:
- Work in an agile environment alongside other designers, engineers, and product managers to:
- Own design stories from concepts and wireframes through delivery and support
- Create Figma UI designs utilizing our in-house design system
- Create prototypes to pitch your designs and use in research/user feedback
- Design UX experiences that simplify user experience and solve problems
- Work with our design system:
- Figma UI work and help maintaining the design system
- Discover and document design system gaps
- Document UI work inside Figma and engineer facing documentation system
What we’re looking for:
- Solid Figma skills and fundamentals, including:
- Ability to create and iterate UI designs based on our design system
- Deep understanding and exclusive use of auto layouts
- Creation and maintenance of complex components
- Creation and application of variants
- Documenting design elements inside of Figma
- Solid understanding of design tokens, and how they can work with Figma
- Experience with the “Figma Tokens” plugin by Jan Six is a huge plus
- 3+ years proven experience in product design (must send portfolio)
- Always advocate for a customer-centered experience
- Ability to context switch and self-prioritize tasks based on a design backlog
- Ability to make and articulate design decisions, while listening to feedback
- Continuously learn, understand, and follow best design practices/principles
- Effective communication skills and preference for collaborative work in a remote global team environment
- Embraces change as new better methods become available or new tools are being evaluated
- Excellent understanding of visual design principles
- Keen in applying user research, user-needs validation, and usability evaluation
What could help you stand out:
- Experience in engineering management methodologies and design to dev handoff
- Prior experience in electrification, charging or energy management
- Prior experience in front-end development
Electriphi is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to hiring talent from diverse groups and fostering an inclusive culture that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We want to work with others who embody and contribute to a fair and welcoming workplace.
We offer a full array of employee benefits and are adding more options as we grow. We have a generous holiday policy and unlimited time off. That's right--we all need time to re-charge and make sure we're ready to perform our best. We respect each other as professionals and trust in each other's judgement to get the work done while taking care of ourselves.
If this sounds good, you should apply! We are excited to hear from you!