Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses.. Through a chat interface, personalized service and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
We‟re looking for an experienced operations leader from an external, customer facing IT Managed Services background with a proven track record of building, developing and managing service delivery and support teams. You‟ll have solid leadership and people management skills along with previous experience growing and developing an operations function; i.e. defining operational procedures, setting service standards, defining SLA‟s etc.
It goes without saying that you‟ll also be passionate about delivering exceptional service. In addition to the above you‟ll also:
- Have an expert level of commercial acumen
- Be able to identify opportunities for efficiency, cost reduction and continuous improvement
- Have excellent communication, influencing and customer management skills
- Have solid technical understanding of Networking and Hosting technologies and solutions
As Director of IT Operations and Service Delivery you will be responsible for leading, managing and developing the Professional Services Team which includes L4 Onsite and Projects Support, Solutions Specialists/Subject Matter Experts. These are the teams responsible for providing ongoing project based support, maintenance and post-sales support to our customers. You will work closely with our Director of Helpdesk (L1 - L3 support), Implementation Manager and Sr. Manager of Account Management. The ideal person for this role will have previous operations management experience, a natural talent for getting the best out of teams and a sound understanding of the technologies we support; broadband, leased lines, IP VPN, firewall security, physical and “cloud” hosting.
- Design and deliver support and service solutions for customers in line with ITIL and/or industry best practice
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against SLA/KPI‟s, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement
- Ensure operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently applied
- Instill a high performance culture in the team with a focus on teamwork, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues
- Be capable of identifying and implementing change within the team to ensure it can take on new service offerings.
- Contribute proactively to new service development.
- Work closely with the Implementation Manager + Director of Helpdesk Support to ensure new customers are on-boarded with seamless handover / transition into “in-life‟ service
- Ensure teams are skilled, trained and developed to enable them to deliver high quality service and support
- Manage and develop strategic partnerships with third party suppliers and other internal stakeholders
- Ensure quality, up-to-date documentation exists for all service arrangements
- Provide input into the divisional strategy with particular focus into opportunities to grow and/or enhance the service offered
- Provide leadership and direction to the service management function ensuring appropriate and robust service management and review frameworks are in place
- Achieve consistent customer satisfaction ratings and respond appropriately to customer feedback on areas for improvement
- Take responsibility for customer escalations and act as a point of escalation both in and out of hours as required
- Drive a continual service improvement program based on a desire to become a world class IT solution
Skills and Qualifications:
- 7+ years experience running managed services teams with expert delivery of services
- Problem solver - You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves, identify problems, and devise thoughtful solutions.
- People management skills: hired, fired, trained and ramped technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Able to prioritize tasks - you are a self-directed task manager, despite having a long list of to-do’s you naturally know what should be worked on first.
- Ability to multi-task and in a fast, unstructured environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to own the creation of analysis and comfort presenting information back to various stakeholders including senior management.
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal and interpersonal skills. This is one of our most cross-functional roles, and therefore, you should be a cultural champion in the organization.
- Bachelor's degree required