Director of Talent
Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
The Director of Talent is responsible for all recruiting and talent related functions of the company. You'll report to the VP of People and work alongside the management team to lead initiatives across the organization including but not limited to Culture and Employee Experience, Talent Acquisition, Diversity and Inclusion and more. You will be responsible for developing and refining talent strategies for our business partners, including employment branding, talent channel development, candidate engagement and assessment as well as metrics and analytics. You will be a transformative leader focused on driving innovation and operational efficiencies within the talent organization. You will oversee our talented group of 3 professionals as they deliver exemplary recruiting support. This role demands exceptional leadership, professionalism, high EQ and the ability to influence and adapt to a dynamic business.
- Develop, implement and refine recruiting strategies to attract and hire top quality talent for Electric with a commitment to diverse hiring practices
- Lead, manage and develop the recruiting team, building out the team to achieve the company's recruiting priorities and driving a high level of performance
- Develop and lead through comprehensive recruiting metrics measuring OKRs
- Question the status quo and pioneer practices to improve process, realize efficiencies and drive effectiveness
- Develop strong working relationships and partnerships with internal departments and stakeholders around the globe
- Champion the Electric culture and ensure cultural consistency as the company grows and scales
- Build long term strategies to increase our employment brand
- Manage the recruiting budget, vendors and all associated recruiting expenses
- Build trust, credibility and establish relationships with hiring managers and senior leadership to understand their hiring and business needs, challenges and business objectives
- Support global best practices, including regional legal requirements
- Develop sourcing strategies through a variety of channels including the use of social media platforms, events and vendor relationships
- Establish standards of recruiting for the organization, timelines and funnel conversion metrics
- Advising and influencing business leaders on organizational design, recruiting, hiring, employee engagement and retention. Advise on onboarding process for new hires.
- Drive a culture that embodies Electric's values, and that rewards, promotes, and encourages high performance throughout the organization.
- Optimize the talent team and process for recruiting, including team structure, candidate evaluation processes, interview best practices, candidate follow-up, recruiting KPIs and their continuous improvement to drive the growth strategy
- BS/BA from an accredited university
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proven people management and leadership skills: you know how to build, mentor and grow a team of world-class recruiters across multiple functional areas
- 5+ years combined in-house or agency Recruiting and Talent Acquisition experience
- 2+ years leading Talent Acquisition teams in high growth companies or division of large company
- Demonstrated ability to coach while executing business strategy
- Ability to assess and address business and interpersonal growth areas within the management team
- Ability to develop progressive, proactive and cost effective processes and programs to address employee engagement and retention