Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses.. Through a chat interface, personalized service and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
We are looking for a CFO to drive financial and strategic leadership across our business. This role will lead our existing Accounting and FP&A teams, and continue to build our Finance function, to ensure we are developing a scalable approach to long-term planning, strategic corporate finance, financial operations, expansion, real estate, investor relations, compliance, and risk. The CFO will act as a key thought partner in how we plan for the future, increase accessibility of timely financial insights across the leadership team, and ensure our systems and processes are set up for scalable growth. The right person for this role will be a leader and mentor across the organization for our entire team, and an important driver in bringing people together. This role reports directly to the CEO.
- Guide the strategy for how we plan for the future, and collaborate as a leadership team; your best-in-class strategic thinking will be a driving force
- Lead strategy and execution across all financial functions, including: Accounting, FP&A, IR, Treasury, Tax, Strategic Planning, and Real Estate
- Develop and guide our financial leaders, including our current Director of Finance and Corporate Accountants while continuing to build a world-class Finance organization
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners that support the finance infrastructure
- Implement processes, frameworks, and systems that allow us to capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business
- Partner with the other leaders across the company (including our CEO, COO, General Counsel, VP of People, and others) in developing our forward-looking company strategy
- Partner with the CEO on financing strategy, board communications, and corporate development
- Partner with all members of the senior management team and other company leadership on short-, medium- and long-term business strategy
- You have at least 15 years of finance experience, including at least 7 years at the senior leadership level; your experience likely spans both private and public companies
- You have set-up, scaled, and maintained the Finance department at a tech organization that has gone through massive growth, and you’re ready to do it better the second time around
- You are low-ego, high-energy, and exhibit the qualities of a servant leader, always asking what you can do to make everyone around you more successful
- You are able to execute on today's challenges, while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we'll be six months, a year, and several years from now
- You are a true listener, and believe it takes multiple points of feedback and perspective to develop the right strategy
- You are data-driven and goal-oriented; you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively, and understand the importance of both
- You have the highest integrity, and act as a financial steward
- Your communication skills are unrivaled; you know how to make people listen and help them understand
- You are curious and resourceful, with a natural ability to solve problems, and actively seek new information