Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators and technologists. Electric is the world’s first all-in-one IT support solution for small and mid-size offices. Through a chat interface, personalized service and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Electric is fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
Electric is looking for a Director of Account Management to serve as the guerilla glue between Sales and Client Support, leading the team who assists new clients with their account setup and initial training, and carrying the relationship through the customer lifecycle through renewals and upsell opportunities. Your number one priority will be working to ensure Electric’s clients’ success with our IT services and core products. You will manage a growing team of account managers with the support of the account management coordinator. We are looking for an organized, tech-savvy, intellectually curious leader with excellent communication skills and the ability to learn quickly. You will be helping our customers and building industry leading processes for customer setup and education and relationships.
- Manage weekly, monthly and quarterly customer health metrics and devise action plans required to hit agreed-upon customer satisfaction goals
- Proactively identify customer needs and develop / implement repeatable action plans that can be used across the entire customer-base
- Work closely with business owners/decision-makers/executives to understand their needs and get them setup for success with Electric’s services
- Contribute to the strategy and development of the team, in line with objectives of the business
- Monitor the performance and development of relationships with new and existing customers including proactively delivering feedback and best practices
- Identify opportunities and implement strategies to help increase customer success; ensuring key metrics and performance indicators are delivered and constantly exceeded
- Quickly and appropriately resolve customer escalations
- Communicate with clients at a senior level to resolve issues and inquiries
Develop deep subject matter expertise on core scope of services and IT industry knowledge
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Finance and Client Support throughout the onboarding process to ensure client success.
- Provide high-quality support to clients through phone, chat and email as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience managing a high volume, high velocity team in a growth environment
- A track record of attracting, hiring, managing and retaining top quality staff and management required.
- Demonstrated experience directing and managing within a challenging environment and working inclusively through people to achieve shared objectives required.
- Extremely detail oriented
- 3-5 years experience mentoring and leading an AM team
- Experience growing a team from 5 to 15 people (plus)
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Familiar with Salesforce - Required
- Experience building out churn/renewal process in previous role
- Process Oriented