Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses.. Through a chat interface, personalized service and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
We are looking for an experienced IT Manager to join us in our NYC Headquarters. This role will be the go-to technical resource at Electric to develop and execute our in-house IT infrastructures and systems. The IT Manager will manage our Corporate Cloud Systems as well as our on-site network and employee computing needs. They will provide technical assistance to Electric staff regarding hardware and software including: computer setup, software installs, operating systems, printing, email & internet connectivity. This person will also work alongside project teams to support ongoing IT related work.
- Manage our suite of SaaS applications (G-Suite, Office 365, Slack,, etc)
- Enforce employee laptop policies and security procedures.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software, and resources
- Establish, document and implement technology processes, approvals, and procedures
- Configure hardware, software, and set up workstations and accounts for new team members
- Manage and set up networking equipment for the company
- Evaluate, procure and implement new technologies, including SaaS solutions
- Evaluate user technology and application needs and requirements and implement solutions to improve user satisfaction
- Manage operating systems, hardware and software support for personal computers, mobile devices, audio-visual equipment, VoIP telephone systems, wireless access, and printers
- Direct and manage the delivery of application, systems, and security training
- At least 4 years of experience as an IT and System Administrator
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- Experience supporting SaaS applications across multiple operating systems
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment