Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses.. Through a chat interface, personalized service and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
The Financial Controller will have functional responsibility over the accounting function including revenue, accounts payable, inventory, tax, insurance and payroll. The Controller will ensure that the Company has appropriate process and systems in place for timely and accurate reporting for management and external stakeholders.
- Day-to-day oversight of the accounting department activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
- Manage monthly close processes, including but not limited to general ledger review, journal preparations, and analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Document all accounting policies and procedures pursuant to GAAP
- Implement processes, technology, and controls to support financial operations in preparation for audits
- Oversee the maintenance of all balance sheet reconciliations (i.e. deferred revenue, accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, etc.)
- Partner with Director of Finance for board meetings and the budgeting and forecasting process
- Work with outside firms to prepare federal and state income and sales tax filings ensuring compliance with all applicable tax laws and regulations
- Prepare all audit materials and liaise with audit firm
- Lead the implementation of a new ERP system
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA required
- 6-10 years of related experience
- Experience leading monthly close process and coordinating audit activities, “Big Four” experience preferred
- ERP implementation experience
- Proven ability to recruit, mentor, and train talent
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated experience communicating results internally and externally
- Experience with SaaS or a start-up is a plus