Electric is a Series A startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses.. Through a chat interface, personalized service and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
We are seeking an experienced and creative Software Engineer with entrepreneurial instincts and a desire to build something from the ground up. As an engineer on the Data Science and Engineering team, you will be joining a tight-knit and passionate team of builders, data scientists, and analysts. You will take ownership of products and features from start to finish. You will build robust and service-oriented solutions to deliver data and machine learning driven services and products.
- Develop applications and API’s that deliver insights and machine intelligence across our platform.
- Partner with product management and other internal stakeholders to understand requirements, and identify opportunities to increase our team’s efficiency and quality of service.
- Automate model training and inference using Python machine learning tools such as scikit-learn, PyMC3, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.
- Build generic software components and infrastructure to enable development of reliable, performant data systems and pipelines.
- Mentor and pair with other engineers and data scientists to promote software engineering excellence.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or similar scientific or quantitative field. Or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience developing software, including data intensive or machine learning driven applications.
- Expertise using Python for development of API’s, data pipelines, and/or web applications.
- Experience working with databases (e.g., Postgres, Redshift), other data stores (e.g. Redis), queues (e.g. SQS), or compute engines (e.g. Spark) common to data intensive systems.
- Proficiency with AWS, Heroku, and/or other platform-as-a-service or cloud hosting tools.
- Able to work in a collaborative and complex environment and prioritize among competing demands.
- Intellectually driven, with an knack for creative problem solving and getting things done.