Kaseya Systems Engineer
Electric is a Series A startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses.. Through a chat interface, personalized service and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
The Systems Engineer position is a hybrid position delivering architecture, configuration, integration, and education of Kaseya products.
- Provide input in the architecture of systems, cloud, and messaging solutions
Implementation and support of Electric’s Kaseya infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated tickets for workstations, servers, backup, network and cloud components
- Perform scripting to support automation. This position will be at least partially responsible for writing scripts to automate processes.
- Perform root cause analysis (RCA) functions
- Articulate technical information clearly and simply to non-technical people
- Script and rollout new Kaseya policies
- Mentor and train new team members on the Kaseya VSA
Qualifications / Knowledge Required
- legal authorization to work in the U.S
- Minimum 3 years Kaseya certified administration experience, including monitoring and management packages
- Minimum 5 years recent hands on production environment experience supporting and implementing Windows workstations, Apple Mac, Windows Server, AD, Exchange, Office 365, Hyper-V or VMware, Amazon AWS or Azure. Recent scripting experience.
- Experience authoring and implementing automation scripts in Kaseya
- Experience deploying and supporting Windows Server Operating Systems
- General familiarity with networking concepts, including troubleshooting wireless infrastructure issues
- Experience with administration, including add/remove users and groups, configure NTFS file permissions, check event logs, configure and restore from backup
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of VLANs, LAG ports, and trunking
- Experience and understanding of Terminal / Remote Desktop Services
Other Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a customer service based capacity
- Strong business acumen – ability to interact with all levels of management
- Demonstrates tendency to challenge the status quo, drive constant improvement in process, and an ability to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to resolve complex issues within functional area and/or area of expertise
- Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet objectives