Director of Help Desk
Electric is a Series A startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses.. Through a chat interface, personalized service and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
We are seeking a Director of Help Desk Support to oversee all help desk objectives as a part of the Customer Success team at Electric. You will be providing leadership and management for all aspects of a technical help desk that supports our IT Service solutions. If you are passionate about IT startups and eager to grow/develop a support team, apply today!
- Develop strategic process for efficient help desk responses and resolutions
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Desk and every role, KPI tracking and reporting
- Oversee Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Quality Assurance, Customer Operations and Help Desk Management Team with a focus on providing a quality experience for our customers.
- Address staffing and coverage issues
- Mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization.
- Effectively address urgent user and system problems escalated to management with efficiency and tact
- Coach team members on approaches and best practices for thoughtful customer interactions.
- Build a metrics-driven culture, producing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics, with the goal of driving quality and continuous improvement.
- Strategically identify opportunities for product development and feedback to build repeatable systems.
- Address escalated situations, reporting and resolution of issues.
- Administrative duties for handling work schedules
- Develop and continually update training material for new and existing support staff
- Draft and send firm wide emails regarding system outages and announcements
- Success will be tied to enabling service excellence and efficiency for our customers.
- Experience managing a high volume, high velocity team in a growth environment
- A track record of attracting, hiring, managing and retaining top quality staff and management required.
- Demonstrated experience directing and managing within a challenging environment and working inclusively through people to achieve shared objectives required.
- Extremely detail oriented
- 3-5 years experience mentoring and leading a support team
- Experience growing a team from 20 - 100+ people (plus)
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Familiar with Salesforce (plus)
- Administrative experience with handling work schedules
- Process Oriented