Senior Software Engineer
Electric is a Series A startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses.. Through a chat interface, personalized service and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
Building a technology-powered organization is essential to our success. We are seeking an experienced and creative Senior Software Engineer with entrepreneurial instincts and a desire to build something from the ground up. As an Electric engineer, you will be joining a tight-knit and passionate team of builders. You will take ownership of products and features from start to finish. You will build robust and service-oriented IT solutions to our unique problems of scale, security, and reliability. We use open source technologies like Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and Redis in a scalable microservices architecture. As an engineer here, you'll have the freedom to implement your own solutions and have a meaningful impact on our product. We want someone who is passionate about writing quality, elegant, and performant code.
- Mentor and pair with other developers to inculcate a growth mindset
- Set and uphold software guidelines and methodologies as agreed on by team
- Lead by example with a focus on craftsmanship and quality
- Work closely with product managers to build products that best support internal and external users
- Build a technical infrastructure capable of supporting a rapidly expanding organization in terms of employees and users
- Anticipate the user experience and contribute to the entire product development process, including spec development and automated QA
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Ability to work in a complex environment and prioritize among competing demands
- Self-motivation and excitement to own products from end to end
- Experience with agile processes and passion for automated testing
- Healthy balance of creativity and skepticism and proven track record of solving difficult problems
- Perseverance and scrappy in the face of setbacks
- Proficiency with AWS or other cloud hosting environments