Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses.. Through a chat interface, personalized service and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
Building a technology-powered organization is essential to our success. We are seeking an experienced and creative Software Engineer with entrepreneurial instincts and a desire to build something from the ground up. As an Electric engineer, you will be joining a tight-knit and passionate team of builders. You will take ownership of products and features from start to finish. You will build robust and service-oriented IT solutions to our unique problems of scale, security, and reliability. We use open source technologies like Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and Redis in a scalable microservices architecture. As an engineer here, you'll have the freedom to implement your own solutions and have a meaningful impact on our product. We want someone who is passionate about writing quality, elegant, and performant code.
- Collaborate on designing, architecting, building, testing, and maintaining world-class IT software
- Work closely with product managers to build products that best support internal and external users
- Build a technical infrastructure capable of supporting a rapidly expanding organization in terms of employees and users
- Anticipate the user experience and contribute to the entire product development process, including spec development and automated QA
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years of software development experience and the ability to learn quickly
- A methodical and analytical mindset with a strong work ethic
- Ego-less nature, excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Experience with agile processes and passion for automated testing
- Ability to work in a complex environment and prioritize among competing demands
- High empathy for end-users and a proven ability to "finish"
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Electric is not currently offering immigration sponsorship at this time. Relocation to New York is available for the right candidate.