Reporting to the Clinic Operations Manager, the Medical Assistant works closely with providers and other members of the health care team in performing a variety of patient-related and office tasks to ensure workflow efficiencies.
- Manages rooming and patient flow, including pre-visit preparation, measuring patient vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, pulse, respirations, and temperature), assisting during the patient visit, performing injections and blood draws, informing medical team members of schedule changes that impact patient flow, and performing post-visit duties, including but not limited to reporting test results as directed by the provider.
- Assists with conducting initial screening questions in support of medical visits.
- Assists with obtaining authorizations and pre-certifications as appropriate.
- Fields medication questions from members and pharmacies for appropriate escalation to nursing and medical teams.
- Supports providers with appointment scheduling or other member facing activities.
- Assists with front office tasks, including telephone reception, scheduling, check-in and time-of-service collections.
- Works closely with Eleanor Health Clinic Operations Manager and other team members to ensure seamless integration of medical services with whole-person support services.
- Contributes to a unique and attractive culture that values mission-orientation, proactive initiative, ethical behavior, and collaboration.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program (CMA, RMA) required
- Phlebotomy experience is a plus
- Comfortable with ambiguity and taking on a variety of tasks, as needed
- Computer literate and previous electronic medical record (EMR) experience required
- Experience working with substance use disorder and/or opioid use disorder patients is preferred, but not required
- Experience working with patients with multiple medical and behavioral health diagnoses is preferred, but not required
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with exceptional active listening abilities
- Highly empathetic, non-judgmental, and open-minded
- Experience in a collaborative team environment
- Mission driven and motivated to join an organization that will transform the way we deliver accessible, evidence-based, and clinically excellent care in the substance use disorder space
- Able to work across teams and functions, self-starter who quickly identifies what needs to be done and takes ownership
- Able to travel to clinic site on a daily basis
- Must be CPR certified
About Eleanor Health
Eleanor Health is the first outpatient addiction and mental health provider delivering convenient and comprehensive care through a value-based payment structure. Committed to health and wellbeing without judgment, Eleanor Health is focused on delivering whole-person, comprehensive care to transform the quality, delivery, and accessibility of care for people affected by addiction.
To date, Eleanor Health operates multiple clinics and a fully virtual model statewide across Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, and Washington, delivering care through population and value-based partnerships with Medicare, Medicaid, and employers.
If you are passionate about providing high quality, evidence based care for individuals with substance use disorder through an innovative practice and about building a great business that makes a difference, Eleanor Health is an ideal opportunity for you. We seek highly skilled, motivated and compassionate individuals who take responsibility and adapt quickly to change to join our deeply committed and collaborative team.
Job Type: Full-time