This is a rare chance to have a significant personal impact in changing the lives of people and communities dealing with the effects of addiction. In this role, you are responsible for engaging with individuals who may be struggling with substance use disorders and helping them understand the whole-person care and individualized support that Eleanor Health provides so that they can decide whether Eleanor is right for them. Through these interactions, you will lay the foundation of trust and understanding that lets them know that Eleanor Health is there for them when and if they need us. You will also help guide them to the appropriate Eleanor Health services if they choose to seek our help.
This role will report to Eleanor’s Access Team Supervisor. Specifically, you will be asked to:
- Understand Eleanor Health’s care mode and be able to communicate it’s value in a clear, compassionate and non-judgmental way
- Understand how insurance works, including the plans our patients have, and be able to effectively verify insurance eligibility and communicate patient cost sharing responsibility
- Field inbound communications (phone, email and chat) inquiring about the nature of Eleanor Health’s services, qualify patients for Eleanor’s care, and schedule them with the appropriate appointments in EMR.
- Facilitate successful telehealth by performing virtual intakes, helping set up Zoom, communicating with members to remind them about upcoming telehealth sessions and coaching them on accessing their sessions.
- Collaborate in-person and online with other care team members to facilitate the enrollment of new members to Eleanor Health, including making appointments, verifying insurances and collecting co-payments
- Outreach to individuals identified as having Substance Use Disorders to establish a relationship and let them know about Eleanor's services or additional conversations as appropriate
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Have 3-4 years of customer facing experience, preferably in a healthcare setting, particularly behavioral health or substance use treatment
- Are highly empathetic, non-judgmental, open-minded and resilient
- Are experienced and comfortable using technology such as computer telephony & EMR software to document patient interactions & schedule patients for appointments
- Build trust quickly and can translate complex concepts such as insurance and care into easily understood conversations that put potential patients at ease.
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills, written communication skills, and active listening abilities
- Are highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to toggle between phone calls, documentation, and collaboration with other team members
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborate environment
- Are currently authorized to work for any US employer
- Spanish Speaking Required
About Eleanor Health
Eleanor Health is rethinking addiction by fully treating it as a chronic condition and building an integrated solution that expands access to effective, whole-person treatment to drive sustained recovery. Our goal is to improve upon earlier generations of opioid and substance use disorder treatment to create more accessible clinic- and community-based care. The Eleanor Health model integrates with the rest of a patient's life and care journey, and delivers superior outcomes for patients (we call them community members), their loved ones and communities, the healthcare system, and society.
Eleanor Health and its associated health care providers deliver best-in-class substance use disorder care utilizing Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT), behavioral health therapy, care management, and social support and wrap services. As a multi-site, outpatient treatment organization, Eleanor delivers accessible, evidence-based, and clinically excellent care, supported by innovative technology.
Launched in September 2019, Eleanor Health has established a network of highly successful practices across New Jersey, North Carolina, Massachusetts, Washington, and Louisiana, and we are poised to continue our rapid expansion within those states as well as in new markets in the coming months.
If you are passionate about providing high quality, evidence based care for individuals with substance use disorder through an innovative practice and about building a great business that makes a difference, Eleanor Health is an ideal opportunity for you. We seek highly skilled, motivated and compassionate individuals who take responsibility and adapt quickly to change to join our deeply committed and collaborative team.
Job Type: Full-time