About the Role:
Under the current approach, treatment of mental health conditions and substance use disorders are limited to what an individual can afford and/or what insurance will pay for. Unfortunately, this narrow-minded approach ignores many of the contributing factors that lead to these conditions and fails to adequately address key elements necessary for sustained recovery. Enter Eleanor Health. At Eleanor, we are rethinking treatment and serve as the only tech-enabled, evidence-based care provider focused on managing the overall health and total cost for individuals with mental health needs & substance use disorder. Instead of entering into a fee for service agreements with payers, we provide whole-person care through value-based partnerships that afford us the flexibility to meet patients (we call them “community members”) where they are and to provide the diverse array of services necessary to help them feel better and achieve long-term recovery.
Our challenge (and why we need you!) is to outreach and engage these members with the goal of getting them enrolled in our patient centered, multi-modal care model.
If you are passionate about helping people live amazing lives, come join us! This is an opportunity to be part of a NEW, HIGH-VISIBILITY team that plays a critical role in proving that we can raise the standard of care for mental health and substance use disorder.
This role will report to the Referral Team Supervisor. Specifically, you will be asked to:
- Interact with potential members, referral sources and internal care team
- Perform initial and ongoing virtual outreach to potential members who have been referred to Eleanor Health by third party platforms, web forms, directly from providers or other referral sources, with the goal of engaging these members and organizations in our care
- Utilize motivational interviewing and advanced customer service skills to provide a best in class member experience
- During outreach efforts you will:
- Provide appropriate information, education, and explanation of Eleanor Health services to potential members. This requires a comprehensive understanding of Eleanor Health’s mission, values, and care model and the ability to communicate its value in a clear, compassionate way
- Work cross-functionally with other team members and internal care teams
- Track all interactions with potential members in a centralized platform with high-quality documentation and attention to detail
- Understand how insurance works and be able to effectively verify insurance eligibility and communicate, at a high level, patient cost sharing responsibility. Be able to direct potential members to resources within Eleanor Health for more specific information
- Once a potential member enrolls in care at Eleanor, collaborate with clinic & care team members to facilitate an excellent pre-visit experience, supporting with pre-visit paperwork, and ensuring all questions are answered.
- Answer incoming calls through our referral phone line via Salesforce, and direct calls as needed.
- Maintain a current understanding for population health contracts and scripting as well as scheduling protocols for overlapping referrals for attributed members
- Other duties assigned
- 3+ years of patient-facing customer service experience in the healthcare setting, preferably behavioral health or substance use treatment
- 3+ years of patient outreach & engagement experience or similar background requiring initiating patient/customer relationships built on trust
- Experience working with Salesforce and the capability to create reports.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (required)
- Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably in psychology, social work, or other related behavioral health/healthcare disciplines from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Experience & comfort using technology such as computer telephony, CRM software, and EMR platforms to document patient interactions & schedule patients for appointments
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, active listening abilities, and motivational interviewing skills
- Be highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to multitask between phone calls, documentation, and collaboration with other team members
- Enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, team-centered environment
- Available for Mountain and Pacific Time shifts
What We Can Offer You:
- The chance to be part of an open-minded, diverse, and super cool team of passionate people
- Awesome medical benefits that include four options for all full-time employees, from an 100% employer paid high deductible plan to a low deductible EPO plan. A la carte dental and vision benefits are offered, too!
- Flexible paid time off that includes 80 Hours of PTO accrued monthly, up to 10 wellness days granted to you upfront, and 12 paid holidays (three of which are floating holidays to use for whatever is important to you)
- Great pay that consists of a competitive hourly rate as well as development opportunities.
- Flexible work schedule!
About Eleanor Health
Eleanor Health is the first outpatient addiction and mental health provider delivering convenient and comprehensive care through a value-based payment structure. Committed to health and wellbeing without judgment, Eleanor Health is focused on delivering whole-person, comprehensive care to transform the quality, delivery, and accessibility of care for people affected by addiction.
To date, Eleanor Health operates multiple clinics and a fully virtual model statewide across Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, and Washington, delivering care through population and value-based partnerships with national and regional payors, employers, and other stakeholders.
If you are passionate about providing high quality, evidence based care for individuals with substance use disorder through an innovative practice, and about building a great business that makes a difference, Eleanor Health is an ideal opportunity for you. We seek highly skilled, motivated and compassionate individuals who take responsibility and adapt quickly to change to join our deeply committed and collaborative team.
Job Type: Full time