This is a rare chance to put a personal stamp on helping to build a business that will make a profound difference in the lives of people impacted by Substance Use Disorders. As the Member Services Coordinator at Eleanor Health, you will have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and work directly with members of Eleanor Health's growing North Carolina team to drive the Eleanor Health agenda by owning or supporting key initiatives needed to support Eleanor Health in North Carolina.
The Member Services Coordinator will support the Eleanor Health clinical team in a variety of administrative tasks. Reporting to the Clinic Operations Manager, the Member Services Coordinator is a key member of the Eleanor Health team and plays an integral role in delighting our Eleanor Health members. You will play an important role in the overall flow of the clinic experience.
The MSC can perform any of the duties bellow:
- Answering incoming calls from healthcare providers and members.
- Triaging incoming calls in a manner that ensures timely messages or warm transfers to the appropriate department
- Working knowledge of member chat function and turnaround expectations
- Time-of-service collections
- Appointment scheduling and rescheduling.
- Ensures that all calls are handled in a timely, courteous manner and that members appointing is in keeping with all Eleanor Health and clinic policies.
- Supports teams to more efficiently assist members with questions, using templates and protocols which are completed, and sent to the clinical or administrative teams for response.
- Help members with telehealth issues, ensuring members get on link with providers.
- Other administrative duties as needed
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Type minimum 40 wpm
- You have a welcoming and warm personality
- You are compassionate, open-minded, and non-judgmental
- You want to work with individuals with addiction and other mental health diagnoses
- You have healthcare experience and have used an EMR, and/or 4+ years in another service related field in customer-facing positions
- You have phone experience, preferably in a call center environment
- You have experience with healthcare scheduling
- You have excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with all members of the care team, and with members of the public, in a calm manner
- You are comfortable using a variety of computer systems, and have familiarity with electronic health record systems
- You are eager to be part of an interdisciplinary team, including physicians, nurses, social workers, community recovery partners
- You have the ability to think quickly and solve problems in the moment
- You have the ability to multitask
- You have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have outstanding organizational and time management skills
- You have strong attention to detail
- You have fluency in either Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office
About Eleanor Health
Eleanor Health is the first outpatient addiction and mental health provider delivering convenient and comprehensive care through a value-based payment structure. Committed to health and wellbeing without judgment, Eleanor Health is focused on delivering whole-person, comprehensive care to transform the quality, delivery, and accessibility of care for people affected by addiction.
To date, Eleanor Health operates multiple clinics and a fully virtual model statewide across Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, and Washington, delivering care through population and value-based partnerships with national and regional payors, employers, and other stakeholders.
If you are passionate about providing high quality, evidence based care for individuals with substance use disorder through an innovative practice, and about building a great business that makes a difference, Eleanor Health is an ideal opportunity for you. We seek highly skilled, motivated and compassionate individuals who take responsibility and adapt quickly to change to join our deeply committed and collaborative team.
Job Type: Full-time