What you’ll be doing:
The ideal candidate has experience managing medical teams and embodies an ongoing growth mindset. A passion and commitment to healthcare and transforming the way we deliver accessible, evidence-based, and clinically excellent care in the substance use disorder space is a must.
Responsibilities are 70% clinical/30% administrative and include direct provision of substance use disorder treatment services including MSUD, clinical supervision of Advanced Practice Practitioners (APP), ensuring adequate clinic medical staffing, continuous quality improvement, medical team recruitment and onboarding, performance coaching, development and retention, cultivation of community referral partnerships.
As a maturing startup, this is a unique opportunity for a talented and internally-driven individual to get his or her hands in the details of shaping a mission-driven organization where people are our most valued asset.
Specifically you will:
- Provide direct patient care for MAT, substance use and other psychiatric disorders both in-person and via telemedicine
- Collaborate with Massachusetts market team to set and deliver on quality, growth, team engagement, partnership, and financial goals
- Work closely with Eleanor founders, CMO, management, the Vice President for Medical Operations and fellow Lead PhysiciansState Medical Directors to plan, and refine all
- Lead a healthy, empathic, collaborative, solution-focused culture in the market
- Work closely with Eleanor Health's Massachusetts operational, clinical, and medical teams to ensure seamless integration of medical services with whole-person support services
- Serve as a trusted leadership partner to the Director of Operations or Clinical Operations Manager
- Guide the team through the ambiguity and constant change of the start up environment
- Provide clear and accurate medical guidance to the medical teamServe as an anchor and trusted go to for day-to-day medical guidance
- Support tactical market growth initiatives
- Provide supervision to nurse practitioners and physician assistants
- Serve as a local thought leader on substance use disorder treatment and Cultivates community referral partnerships
- Recruit, develop and support delivery of on-boarding, training, development and retention plans for medical and nursing staff
- Provide direct oversight of physicians, advanced practice providers (APPs) and nurses including performance management and peer review activities
- Collaborate with care team members to advise on integrated care plans, decisions, and operations
- Create a unique and attractive culture that values mission-orientation, proactive initiative, ethical behavior, and collaboration
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- M.D., D.O.
- Understanding of Massachusetts health systems, health insurance, and state policies.
- Current active, unencumbered medical license in Massachusetts
- Current active, unencumbered DATA-waivered DEA in Massachusetts
- Board Certified in primary specialty required and Addiction Medicine or Addiction Psychiatry preferred
- Mission driven and motivated to join an organization that is transforming the delivery of accessible, evidence-based, and clinically excellent care in the substance use disorder space
- Comfortable with ambiguity and taking on a variety of tasks, as needed
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and patient centered care model
- 1+ years’ medical leadership experience (time as chief resident or similar role may count toward leadership experience) and exposure to a mix of people, roles, and backgrounds
- Experience directly providing MSUD patient care within the last year
- Experience providing substance use care for opioids, alcohol, benzodiazepines, and other substances
- Experience working with diverse patients and diverse, individual support needs
- Experience providing primary mental health care, and working with integrated care team to meet additional patient needs
- This role is based in Massachusetts.
About Eleanor Health
Eleanor Health is the first outpatient addiction and mental health provider delivering convenient and comprehensive care through a value-based payment structure. Committed to health and wellbeing without judgment, Eleanor Health is focused on delivering whole-person, comprehensive care to transform the quality, delivery, and accessibility of care for people affected by addiction.
To date, Eleanor Health operates multiple clinics and a fully virtual model statewide across Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, and Washington, delivering care through population and value-based partnerships with Medicare, Medicaid, and employers.
If you are passionate about providing high quality, evidence based care for individuals with substance use disorder through an innovative practice and about building a great business that makes a difference, Eleanor Health is an ideal opportunity for you. We seek highly skilled, motivated and compassionate individuals who take responsibility and adapt quickly to change to join our deeply committed and collaborative team.
Job Types: Full-time