Reporting to the Clinic Manager/Lead Clinician, the Licensed Practical Nurse will serve as an integral member of the treatment team for individuals with opioid and other substance use disorders. The Licensed Practical Nurse will be responsible for medical assessments of all patients during intake and will meet with enrolled patients on a regular basis to review and educate them on medication and other health information. The Licensed Practical will also be expected to work closely with the Clinic Manager/Lead Clinician and other team members on a wide variety of administrative and operational tasks to ensure that the clinic runs properly.
- Run medical assessments for patients during intake process and prior to MAT visits, including interviewing and annotating patient medical history, taking vitals, and performing drug assays among multiple other responsibilities
- Complete medication reconciliation during intake and subsequent patient meetings.
- Responsible for overseeing confidential HIV risk assessment and access to counseling and testing; staff and client HIV/AIDS and hepatitis education; and Department requirements for admission, service planning and discharge of HIV positive clients
- Responsible for assisting staff in implementing BSAS guidelines for integration of tobacco assessment, education and treatment into program services.
- Educate patients on medication adherence and additional health information relevant to their specific care plans on a monthly basis
- Support daily operations of the clinic, including making calls to patients, assisting with front desk inquiries, and assisting with bringing patients around the clinic
- Work closely with Eleanor Health Clinic Manager/Lead Clinician and other team members to ensure seamless integration of medical services with whole-person support services
- Permanent New Jersey Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license or another Compact State Licensed Practical Nurse license valid for practice in NJ
- Experience working with substance use disorder and/or opioid use disorder patients is preferred, but not required
- Strong Virtual & telemedicine experience
- Mission driven and motivated to join an organization that will transform the way we deliver accessible, evidence-based, and clinically excellent care in the substance use disorder space
- Ability to work across teams and functions, self-starter who quickly identifies what needs to be done and takes ownership
- Comfortable with ambiguity and taking on a variety of tasks, as needed
About Eleanor Health
Eleanor Health is the first outpatient addiction and mental health provider delivering convenient and comprehensive care through a value-based payment structure. Committed to health and wellbeing without judgment, Eleanor Health is focused on delivering whole-person, comprehensive care to transform the quality, delivery, and accessibility of care for people affected by addiction.
To date, Eleanor Health operates multiple clinics and a fully virtual model statewide across Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, and Washington, delivering care through population and value-based partnerships with Medicare, Medicaid, and employers.
If you are passionate about providing high quality, evidence based care for individuals with substance use disorder through an innovative practice and about building a great business that makes a difference, Eleanor Health is an ideal opportunity for you. We seek highly skilled, motivated and compassionate individuals who take responsibility and adapt quickly to change to join our deeply committed and collaborative team.
Job Type: Full-time