Elation is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who is obsessed with building, supporting, and improving our infrastructure with automation. You will be first engineer to work in the Site Reliability group at Elation and it is a great opportunity to make huge impact. Elation’s development team is a small group of experienced and talented engineers who are passionate about our product and our users. As a member of the team you’ll be involved in product design and development, work on all parts of the stack, and deploy your changes to production weekly. We also strongly believe great talents and great ideas can come from anywhere and we've built a development team that embraces working remotely.
This role reports directly to the CTO.
- As first engineer in the Site Reliability group, improve availability, code deployment, platform latency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, security and capacity provisioning and management
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Solid understanding of systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
- Practical, solid knowledge of shell scripting and at least one higher-level language (Python preferred)
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures
- Working experience with various AWS services (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, Route53, ElastiCache, etc)
- Minimum 7+ years of managing services in an internet scale fast-paced startup
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Practical experience in Python
- B.S. in computer science or similar field