At Elation, we build software to help doctors care for their patients. As a company, we believe in empathy. Our users are a community of skilled and passionate caregivers, and we crave to understand their challenges so we can help be an instrument to overcome them. As Product Designer, it is your mission to help us study our users and then design the right tools and experiences for them.
We believe in great customer service and we share the responsibility as a company. (Literally. We provide customer support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and each member of the team spends a few days per year on call.) On the Product Team, we think of building software as a means for serving our customers - from buying providers extra time with their patients, to helping the entire staff of the medical practice run things more efficiently - we want to build software that makes a difference.
As Product Designer, you’ll work on a small team and take part in an agile software development process. You’ll lead the visual, interactive, and experience design. You’ll collaborate with the Product owner and engineers on the team as we build, as well as communicate with other team members and with our customers to gather feedback to improve our work as we go.
Designing at Elation is humbling and challenging. Our users do work that affects human lives, and our tools can make or break that work. We’re constantly striving to do better, and we want you to come join us in the pursuit.
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
- We’re small, growing team mostly in San Francisco (a few of our engineers are remote).
- We value outcomes more than structure or process. We like flexibility, but for it we demand accountability.
- We like to have fun together: regular happy hours, occasional trips to the ballet or go-kart track.
- Our CEO Kyna is obsessed with bobble heads.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Accountable for the success of product designs (UIs and UX flows).
- Owns the development of design specifications (sketches, wireframes, storyboards, etc.) to communicate product designs internally.
- Occasionally assists with producing collateral for other teams (specifically Marketing and Sales) consistent with Elation’s overall branding and aesthetic.
- Collaborates with the Product team (product managers, product designers, and engineers) to ensure that designs achieve strategic objectives outlined by Product leadership.
- Prepares product design specifications for developers, and is responsible for designs being accurately executed through prototyping and productionization.
- Ensures that our users interact with intuitive and consistent visual design language.
- Improves the usability of the product by incorporating design research methods, cross-departmental feedback, and strong design principles into your work.
- Experiments rapidly with the Product team to vet design hypotheses. Learns and iterates to improve product design.
- 3+ years of web-based product design experience, during which you’ve shipped your designs to production (and real end-users have interacted with them).
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- A strong online portfolio. The strongest portfolios will demonstrate: (1) Excellent interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills, (2) How you have transformed complex problems into intuitive, human-centered customer experiences, (3) Mobile web design experience, (4) Understanding of UI and visual design principles, and user behavioral patterns.
- Experience conducting design research.
- Interest or experience in healthcare is a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, & JS is a plus.