At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do exceptional things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for a product manager to help drive requirements and market success for a core set of operational analytics solutions built on top of the Elastic Stack as well as Elastic Cloud SaaS offering. Our team believes that an open-source platform can fundamentally re-define how logging and metrics analytics solutions are delivered to the market today. We are looking for a high-energy individual that can think critically about existing solutions, re-consider the needs of an established market, and help us take existing success of the Elastic Stack in the logging and metrics market to a new level.
- Understand real-world applications of Elastic Stack for logging and metrics analytics through in-depth conversations with customers and users
- Capture and quantify user challenges, use cases, feature requests, and user workflows and use them to form ideas and requirements for effective solutions to their problems
- Perform competitive analysis, including creation of demo environments, of similar products, and feed that intelligence into product and UX design
- Work closely with technical leads on feature prioritization, scoping, release timing, project management, doing whatever it takes to ship successful product
- Proactively review new features during the development cycle and provide feedback to engineers to ensure good getting-started and ongoing use experience with the solution
- Work with product marketing on messaging, field enablement, and launch activities
- Monitor KPIs, and follow up with customers and users to ensure good product-market fit
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience
- Direct experience with products and technologies used in operational analytics and audiences that use those products (Operations, DevOps, Data Science, InfoSec, etc..)
- Hands-on experience with top commercial and open-source logging and analytics products in the market, including Elastic Stack (aka ELK stack), Splunk, Sumologic, Datadog, New Relic, InfluxData, Druid, OpenTSDB, Grafana, etc..
- Experience running an operational analytics platform at scale, and/or direct experience with pain points experienced by operators of such systems as well as business goals established by sponsors of large-scale centralized operational analytics projects
- Understanding of common log and metrics types collected by operational analytics platforms, including system, infrastructure, application, cloud services, etc..
- Deep technical understanding of latest industry trends affecting operations, including public/hybrid cloud environments, containerization, microservices, etc..
- Desire and commitment to stay hands-on with technology on a daily basis
- Comfort working with a highly distributed team
- Ability to lead without authority
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills (in English)
- Excellent public speaking skills and experience speaking in front of large audiences
- Experience interfacing with executive audiences and speaking to their concerns
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working for a startup or an early stage company
- Prior experience using the Elastic Stack
- Deep understanding of Elasticsearch search and aggregation APIs and data modeling techniques
- Experience with Open Source software and/or commercial open source companies
Note: You will be asked to submit screenshots of products you have helped design and build as part of the screening process
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages (California office)
- Passionate people building great products
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.