At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are rapidly growing and hiring for an Account Executive in our East Region to help drive our business forward. Are you a creative sales person with ambition to develop new business in a dynamic market? Does learning new technology excite you? Are you ready to take the next step in your sales career? Do you have an optimistic vision for your future and inspire your colleagues, customers, and business partners around you? We would love to have you join us for the ride!
Our Territory Managers build and execute on regional plans, including identification of core customers and mapping the benefits of Elastic's solutions to ensure customers’ success.
Let's Talk if You:
- Are known for your operational excellence, ability to effectively utilize your own time, and are passionate about using the power of technology to do incredible work.
- Are consultative in relationships with your customers and able to establish trust.
- Can effectively communicate in a professional and knowledgeable manner with technical audiences.
- Are coachable, willing, and eager to learn new skills.
What You Will Do:
- Own your territory - identify prospects, diagnose needs, prescribe solutions, negotiate, and solve problems to build and meet customers’ demand for Elastic’s services.
- Position yourself as an authority in the industry and consultant to your partners and prospects by understanding their needs and enabling your customers to get business insights in real-time data exploration.
- Cultivate and build upon existing relationships to serve as a trusted advisor to your market’s client base.
- Collaborate with peers to develop fresh approaches, winning strategies, and champion sustained success.
- Drive new business and be a partner to customers within your region by being an inspiring leader in your marketplace.
What you bring along:
- 3+ years of sales experience, preferably with SaaS technology, Search, Analytics, Big Data, Application Performance Management or storing large data sets in distributed systems and computing environments
- A track record of achievement and ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment
- Skilled at presenting new perspectives to customers that reframe and challenge the way they view their business
- Knowledge of Big Data, Cloud, Systems Infrastructure, Enterprise Application Integration, Database and/or Data warehouse concepts and products preferred
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- 401k plan
- Catered lunches, snacks and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 23 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.