At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Observability team is in charge of developing solutions that focus on application developers and engineers that run infrastructure and services supporting these applications. Elasticsearch is an efficient datastore for logs, metrics, and application traces, supporting the three pillars of observability. The Observability team builds and maintains solutions that make getting insights from this data turnkey and efficient, such as our APM, Infrastructure Monitoring, and Logs solutions. When developing these solutions, we think about the problem end-to-end: how do we automatically collect data from common data sources, store it efficiently in Elasticsearch, present this information to the user, correlate and enhance across data sources, what actions do we take on the insights from the data? All of these aspects are important in bringing a turnkey solution to the market.
As a Senior Product Manager responsible for the logging use case, you'll be involved with everything related to log analytics at Elastic, from directly impacting the roadmap to the go-to-market strategy. If you're passionate about working with massive amounts of logs and events, and want to work on open source log analytics with the Elastic Stack, this job is for you!
You would be working on
- Engage with customers to understand use-cases and product requirements
- Perform competitive analysis of the log analytics landscape
- Enable sales and marketing to effectively speak to this use case
- Drive roadmap by working with customers, internal teams and the community
- Work with engineers and designers on the Kibana Logs UI product
- Work with the Elasticsearch team on benchmarking and optimizing the logging use case
- Write technical product updates and presentations
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience in development, DevOps, solutions architecture, or pre-sales engineering
- 2+ years in product management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a phenomenal teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world
- Experience scoping and defining requirements for full-stack products (data ingest, data storage, and UI)
- Experience with leading centralized log analytics products on the market
- Familiarity with the Elastic Stack
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.