At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do extraordinary things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Localization team at Elastic is looking to add a new full-time member to its crew. The team is responsible for localizing the company’s written style, tone, and personality across our website, social media, events, collateral, video, emails, and more.
Our task is to communicate a variety of messages across many types of content in a compelling and accurate way, and also remains true to any given region or language. This means coordinating across many individuals in many geos, grasping and explaining technical concepts, understanding different cultures and communities, and delivering work that we’re proud of.
Please note, you'll need to include the following with your application: A cover letter introducing yourself, your interest in Elastic, and a writing sample of no more than 250 words describing what you think Elastic does.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Coordinate and project manage localization workflows and tasks through effective communication with external vendors and internal reviewers and stakeholders
- Track against deadlines and document project status in project management tools such as GitHub and Jira
- Embrace and internalize Elastic’s writing style and help others understand it across all languages
- Maintain, update, and promote localized glossaries for defined regions
- Learn and work in new tools for managing content across all stages of the localization workflow in a dynamic, quickly moving environment
- Identify areas of opportunity and optimization across workflows and project touchpoints and address them
What You Bring Along:
- Crackerjack project management and organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and manage your work and collaborate across many teams, time zones, and projects. In other words, awesome professional project management experience (mandatory)
- The ability to document the important bits of a discussion and share what you know and learn with others
- A love for language and all of its nuances and complexities; fluency in other languages strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced environment
- A hunger to do better and be better
- Developer empathy, a sense for business, and a drive for technical understanding and know-how
- The gumption to wrestle with a problem until a creative, thought-through solution is achieved
- A deep and abiding love for processing a lot of input, fishing out the interesting and relevant bits, and taking action to do something worthwhile
- BA/BS or equivalent degree and 4+ years of experience
- Experience with localization project management preferred, but not mandatory
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.