At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for a Senior Revenue Analyst to be the newest member of our Revenue team in this fast growing, truly globally distributed company. Your role will be based in our Mountain View, CA US headquarters.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will join a team in transition. Elastic is growing like a rocket ship and our revenue team is challenged to scale and ensure the integrity of our revenue accounting. You will be a part of the implementation of a revenue automation system as we transition out of Excel, so this is an exceptional time to apply what you've learned and help define the foundational workflows of revenue accounting. You will account for deals sold under ASC 606 and IFRS 15 and help train new teammates as the Revenue team continues to grow.
As a highly collaborative company, you will collaborate with many groups including Sales, Sales Operations, Order Operations, Pricing, Legal, FP&A, Internal, and external Auditors.
In the day-to-day, you can expect:
- Ensuring the accurate reporting of revenue in the company’s accounting system, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations and performing internal controls
- Maintaining revenue cutoff procedures at quarter end to ensure revenue are properly and accurately recorded for the period
- Analyzing and updating quarterly SSP analysis
- Handling day-to-day, month-end, quarter-end close activities (revenue assurance, account reconciliation, analysis, and reporting)
- Assisting with internal controls, continuous improvement of revenue processes, and researching and documenting accounting positions for complex transactions
What You Bring Along:
You aren't afraid to take initiative, voice your ideas, and help us get the information and results we need.
You have prior experience in software revenue accounting in US GAAP (mandatory), with ASC 606 a plus.
You've worked with revenue automation software before and understand the basic workflows through a system.
In addition, you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA desired
- Big 4 public accounting firm background a plus
- Strong knowledge of software and SaaS revenue guidance in US GAAP, with ASC 606 & IFRS 15 a plus
- Enjoy building policies and processes and making improvements
- Ability to research technical accounting issues and provide your perspective
- Ability to work both independently and as a trusted teammate in a dynamic environment
- Netsuite, RevPro and Salesforce experience preferred
- Experience in a fast-growing technology company
- Minimum of 2-5 years revenue accounting experience
- Proven written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong Excel and PC skills
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.