At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Our HR team is seeking a Global Mobility and Immigration Specialist to join our quickly growing, global HR and Recruiting teams. You will report into our Global Mobility and Immigration Manager and be based in the San Francisco Bay Area with the commitment to work from our Mountain View, CA office a minimum of 2 days per week.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will interact with employees and managers on immigration-related and tax-related issues. You will also help to grow mobility programs as Elastic scales.
You will serve as the primary point of contact for recruiters, hiring managers, new hires, existing employees, and the HR team for all immigration matters and internal mobility to ensure we're hitting deadlines and delivering solutions.
In addition, you will:
- Work as an integral part of Elastic’s Global HR & Recruiting Team to support internationals transfers
- Advise on global immigration and relocation challenges and support the immigration hiring process and onboarding
- Partner with Elastic’s external vendors to initiate and manage all international transfers
- Handle all business travel requests including employment and business invitation letters and maintain global compliance for Elastic’s business travelers
- Maintain immigration compliance records globally with local HR teams (e.g. U.S. Public Access Files, PERM Audit files, UK Right to Work files, etc.)
- Assist with internal and external immigration audits
- Identify global immigration and mobility process improvements focusing on Elastic’s employee experience
What You Bring Along:
You have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in immigration, US and globally.
You have a strong understanding of compliance, at minimum in the USA, and globally, specific to countries such as the UK, Netherlands, and Australia, among others.
You bring a passion to build on your experience and apply to a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment.
If that's you, hopefully you also have:
- Strong vendor partnership and communication skills
- A mix between US immigration with some mobility/tax (preferred)
- Flexibility to balance business needs with compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of US immigration matters such as non-immigrant ( H-1B, L-1, TN) an immigrant (PERM, I-140) visa processes
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Solid research and problem-solving skills; independent
- A sense of urgency and no fear of deadlines
- Ability to work independently in a distributed, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Positivity! We each love what we do and believe that a positive attitude matters
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.