At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Part of the wider G&A Global Operations Team, the Global Workplaces Team is a relatively new department within Elastic with responsibility for real estate, capital project management, facilities & office operations, environmental health & safety, corporate security and enterprise risk management. With significant growth across the company and regions, we support 32 offices globally, with currently 12 locations in the Americas region.
This person will be distributed and we are focused on locations in either the CST or EST time zones. Living by an office is not a requirement.
What You Will Be Doing:
The role is crucial to provide support and advice across all the responsibilities within the department and help in the development of region and country specific delivery methods.
You will become the central hub of our team in region providing support, leadership and coaching to an existing team of 3 workplace coordinators and managers based in New York, Mountain View and San Francisco. This is very much a self starter role where you will switch between daily, business as usual activities, procuring and managing vendor partners, through tactical planning of office relocations and new office openings, right through providing input to the Global Workplaces budget and strategy plans.
This position is suited to a fast learning multi-location facilities manager with experience of working for a fast growing, quickly paced tech company.
- Help organize and lead company events and outings - create Fun in our office!
- General office support duties, help with ordering and distribution of supplies and services.
- Manage the relationship with the building managers and other tenants.
- Scope, source and manage other vendors as required for facilities and related activities.
- Broad environment, health, and safety knowledge
- Provide remote support to other offices.
- Support other Workplace activities when needed.
- Monitor and report on office utilisation on weekly basis and proactively manage desk allocations within teams and across the offices, ensuring optimal space use.
- Take ownership of the budget and control of the total cost of occupation.
- Flexibility to travel regularly to other regional offices as required.
What You Bring Along:
Are you passionate about continuing your career in a dynamic and growing organization? Do you have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude? If so, read on!
You are an experience facilities management and office operations professional who knows how to prioritize what, when, and why.
You are a strong communicator with a positive can-do attitude and ability to demonstrate proactivity, taking initiative where needed.
- Travel 30-40%
- Budget management experience and strong financial analysis skills (mandatory)
- Strong verbal and written English (mandatory)
- Project Management/Office move experience
- Broad EHS, Security and Risk Management
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.