We are growing our stellar Presales Solution Architecture (SA) leadership team and looking for an experienced Presales leader to join us. The ideal leader will come with a proven track record of building and leading a team of Sales Engineers throughout the Asia Pacific region, including but not limited to Japan, South Korea, HK and China, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. You will have an in depth understanding of the sales, business and development culture of these regions and have experience selling and building relationships in many of them over the course of your career.
As a technical sales leader you will work closely with the other field sales leader(s) in the region to define/refine and execute on our GTM strategy with both the Sales Representatives and the Solution Architects. This will involve you working across departments including Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Support, Services and Engineering in order to meet and ultimately exceed our sales targets. You will need to set priorities around products and resources in line with the regional goals through collaboration and consensus building.
You will also have up to date knowledge of the technology ecosystem as it relates to Big Data Analytics, IT Operations/DevOps, Data Center Orchestration, BC/DR and App dev as well as machine learning. The ideal candidate will have hands on development experience, delivered Proof of Concepts, Sales and Technical presentations to audiences large and small. You will develop and bring new technical sales offerings to market with the help of the local and global teams and drive projects to completion.
- Manage all aspects of the SA team including hiring, onboarding, performance management, promotions, compensation, training, termination, etc.
- Work with the sales and extended teams towards over achieving monthly and quarterly sales targets
- Drive the consistent and accurate use of our sales automation tools, engineering tools, etc
- Create key partnerships, executive relationships and alliances with Strategic customers and partners
- Travel regularly across the region to meet any sales and managerial needs.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, customers, employee, and public interest groups.
- 2 or more years of experience leading Technical sales teams
- Proven track record of success as a Presales Solution Architect in previous roles
- 5 or more years experience in a hands on role performing software development, integration or architecture, etc.
- Hands on expertise with sales tools such as Salesforce.com or other SFA applications
- Experience with Search and Analytics technology with a data driven mindset
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Value-based equity
- Catered lunches, snacks and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.