At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for a dynamic Collections Analyst to join our Finance team. If you thrive in a role that provides you with an opportunity to make an impact, remain calm under pressure, and appreciate that, sometimes, a good sense of humour is important, this role may be for you!
What You Will Be Doing:
Currently, we are operating in 17+ countries globally. As our Collections Analyst, you will be the key player between the Elastic team and the external customers, driving continuous improvements and ensuring efficient communications and resolution of issues.
You will collaborate with your Billing and Collections team as well as other departments, such as Sales, Sales Order Operations, Training, and Business Integrations to optimize our processes and streamline things as Elastic grows.
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries by empathetically balancing customer and organizational needs.
- Perform root cause analysis and quickly develop a course of action to solve problems.
- Manage collections by actively leading customers and keeping accurate collection notes and forecasting cash collection.
- Ensure that customers’ accounts are accurately and promptly maintained.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Assists in the preparation of year-end or quarterly audits.
- Work on improvements to processes with a mindset of continual growth
- Support global sales teams with questions about collections
- Maintain and update customer records
- Partner with Internal Auditor on the SOX processes
What You Bring Along:
Do you have at 2 years of professional experience in collections that you'd like to build on and apply to a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment?
Do you receive joy from interacting with customers and other teams?
If that's you, hopefully you also have:
- Experience with Netsuite, Salesforce, and Excel (preferred, not mandatory)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Dedicated problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Positivity! We each love what we do and believe that a positive attitude matters
- Excellent work ethic and empathic manner.
- Strong analytical and technical skills, including proficiency in Excel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion of our customers
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels within an organization
- World-class internal/external customer service skills
- Decision-making,Detail oriented, problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Strong English mandatory. Additional languages : Spanish
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target locations: Chicago
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
No contractors or external recruiters will be considered.