At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats - we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 37 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
To support our continued growth, we’re looking for a Manager to support our WW sales strategy and sales development team. In this highly collaborative role you will build a strong business partnership with the regional sales development, sales strategy business partner, and Marketing demand-gen/ops team. Each partnership will require you to analyze and deeply understand each functions pipeline metrics and strategy. You will be heavily relied on for your analytical skills, attention to detail, efficiency, and enthusiasm.
You thrive in navigating ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a regional view, are data-driven and have a passion for optimizing process and structure. You balance critical, long-term thinking about how we scale the business with hands-on delivery to ensure what needs to happen today gets done. You love rolling up your sleeves and digging into the data to provide actionable insights. We are seeking people with strong analytical and process skills, comfortable engaging with senior leadership, effective at collaborating with multiple teams and building positive relationships with business partners.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for providing strategic, operational, and tactical support to our WW sales development leaders and sales strategy team around pipeline related efforts
- Own all pipeline related critical metrics (e.g. bookings, transactional velocity, ASP, conversion/win/dead rates, etc.)
- Drive and support semi-annual GTM planning, which includes pipeline target setting, headcount allocation and prioritization, and pipeline projections
- Build out and maintain a comprehensive model to measure the pipeline flow across the different geos/regions/sub-regions/reps and specific business functions
- Partner with Marketing to understand the top of funnel lead flow and subsequently develop growth plans for new geographies and market segments
- Drive strategic initiatives including win/loss analysis, sales development capacity modeling, sales development scorecards, and pipeline trend analytics
- Help lead, prepare, and organize regional quarterly business reviews. This includes building templates, crafting the agenda, scheduling attendees, and capturing all metrics / performing all analysis needed for attendees to present their assessment of their business.
- Provide insight and data points to assist with headcount decisions and placement
- Implement pipeline early warning systems to help actively manage the pipeline growth required
- Work with the sales strategy team to develop and maintain forecast models
What you bring along:
- BS/BA required, MBA a strong plus, but not required.
- 5+ years work experience in Sales, Sales Operations, Strategy, FP&A, Management Consulting, or similar field with a strong exposure to pipeline analytics and strategy.
- Proven ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft recommendations and results into easily digestible messages, communications, and executive presentations.
- Very strong executive presence and engagement skills.
- Highly collaborative style with strong influence skills and the ability to adjust on the fly to new demands with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Experience with the Salesforce.com platform and related cloud or web based technologies.
- Power user proficiency with the MS Office suite (especially MS Excel and MS Powerpoint). SQL or R experience a strong plus, but not required.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent