At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are currently seeking an Education Engineer to join Elastic. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering technical training to our customers as well as helping to create and maintain our curriculum of training courses, which cover Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana.
If you are an experienced security practitioner who has worked in roles such as security analyst, incident handler, or security engineer, have used the Elastic Stack to enable security analytics processes and operations, enjoy helping mentor and share your learned knowledge with others in an engaging manner, and love Elasticsearch and its ecosystem, then please apply and meet our team.
A successful candidate is happy working on your own initiative and does not require micro-management. Most of the team works remotely, and we are happy to consider you wherever you live. Do you want to see the world? Do you want to meet lots of new people and teach engineers how to use Elasticsearch? Come join us at Elastic!
What you will be doing:
- Becoming an expert in Elastic products, keeping up to date on changes/releases, and relaying that knowledge in the form of content development, training instruction, educational material, meetups, and conferences
- Learning, creating and presenting compelling courses in extremely technical concepts clearly and concisely to large audiences in a way that fully engages our customers
- Convey domain specific knowledge in security analytics regarding the integration of security tools and the Elastic Stack.
- Collaborate with development teams and engineering to create and update existing course materials and documentation
- Creating new courses in the domain of security analytics, liaising with instructors and other subject matter experts
- Having ability to work on your own initiative with fanatical attention to detail
What you bring along:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working as an engineer, analyst, or integrator with security analytics.
- Experience as a technical instructor or public speaker to large audiences on enterprise security analytics solutions to engineers, developers and other technical positions
- BS in Computer Science or related Information Security / Cybersecurity field
- In depth knowledge in specific security disciplines such as threat hunting, forensics, and intrusion analysis.
- Able to travel globally for at least 50%
- Information Security and Cybersecurity certifications
- Specialized training in Information Security and Cybersecurity
- Deep understanding of Elasticsearch and/or Lucene, including Elastic Certified Engineer certification
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation
- Experience in curriculum development for enterprise search or databases
- Knowledge of Java and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with distributed systems
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. The candidate will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.