At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are rapidly growing and looking to hire a Sales Director with Financial Services and Insurance experience. Our Sales Directors are individual contributors and execute on regional plans, including identification of core customers and mapping the benefits of Elastic's solutions to solve customers' challenges and ensure customers' success.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Developing new business and being a partner within your region to build and meet customers' demand for Elastics services.
- Helping foster our open source community and grow our commercial offerings
- Forecasting activity and recurring monthly revenue achievement.
- Presenting to C-level executives and developers the value of our Elastic resources.
What You Bring Along:
- 7+ years of successful enterprise software sales.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both developers and executives.
- Track record of achievement demonstrated by exceeding your quota.
- Understanding of the nuances of selling open source technology.
- Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment - you have an abiding technical curiosity and commitment to growing new markets.
- Knowledge of Big Data, Cloud, NoSQL, Search, and Logging products.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.