At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
More about SecOps
The Elastic SecOps team is building a new solution that will become the center of the Elastic security analytics offerings. The Elastic stack is already very popular among the security analyst community, and the SecOps team has the opportunity to significantly improve the user experience and workflows of security analysts. Challenges include collecting all the relevant data, aggregating and visualising it, detecting and alerting on suspicious events, as well as supporting the investigation phase.
The SecOps team is diverse and distributed. You will be working remotely with people from Germany, Spain, United States, UK, and more. We meet via Zoom, brainstorm in Google docs, discuss in open GitHub issues, and chat on Slack.
Your future responsibilities:
- Write and maintain high-quality Golang code.
- Expand the Beats open source projects (especially Auditbeat and Winlogbeat) to collect security relevant data from the Windows platform.
- Use operating system APIs to get data about processes, containers, sockets, etc.
- Work with our support team to help customers and answer community questions.
- Experience with developing and maintaining reasonably complex software projects with high quality and over multiple years.
- Very good familiarity with the Windows environment in general.
- Experience programming with the Windows APIs.
- Experience with system level programming and APIs, ideally in Golang.
- Interest and experience in various types of automatic testing.
- Experience in the security space is a plus.
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world.
Target Locations: Toronto, Canada; Vancouver, Canada; Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Houston, TX; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; Minneapolis, MN; Nashville, TN; New York City, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; Raleigh, NC; Richmond, VA; Sacramento, CA; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Seattle, WA; Copenhagen, Denmark; Nice, France; Paris, France; Lisbon, Portugal; Dublin, Ireland; Berlin, Germany; Dusseldorf, Germany; Frankfurt, Germany; Hamburg, Germany; Warsaw, Poland; Krakow, Poland; Munich, Germany; Tel Aviv, Israel; Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Oslo, Norway; Barcelona, Spain; Madrid, Spain; Stockholm, Sweden; Zurich, Switzerland; Edinburgh, United Kingdom; Glasgow, United Kingdom; London, United Kingdom; Manchester, United Kingdom; Washington, DC; Belfast, United Kingdom; Detroit, MI; Pittsburgh, PA; Louisville, KY; Indianapolis, IN; Cleveland, OH; Eindhoven, NL;
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.