At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Part of the wider G&A Global Operations Team, the Global Workplaces Team is a relatively new department within Elastic with responsibility for real estate, capital project management, facilities & office operations, environmental health & safety, corporate security and enterprise risk management. With significant growth across the company and regions, we support 32 offices globally, with currently 9 locations in the Asia Pacific & Japan region.
What You Will Be Doing:
To support our continued growth, we are looking for our first Global Workplaces team member in the APJ region, based in Singapore with regular travel to other office locations (Hong Kong, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Sydney). The role is crucial to provide support and advice across all the responsibilities within the department and help in the development of region and country-specific delivery methods.
You will become the central hub of our team in region while also providing direct support to the Singapore office. This is a self starter role where you will switch between daily, business as usual activities, like procuring and handling vendor partners, through tactical planning of office relocations and new office openings.
Real Estate Portfolio Planning & Management:
- First point of contact for planning expansion and new office space.
- Needs assessment for new office, expansion and or relocation planning.
- Manage site search & selection process, including site visits, lease/contract negotiations.
- Lease administration; critical dates monitoring, extensions, renewals & terminations.
Capital Project Delivery:
- Planning and execution of small to medium capital project ($100K - $3M).
- Experience of design and space planning.
- Knowledge of building engineering, fit out methods, furniture, finishes, equipment.
- Capital budget management and reporting.
Facilities Management & Office Operations:
- Help organize and lead company events and outings - create Fun in our office!
- General office support duties, help with ordering and distribution of supplies and services.
- Manage the relationship with the building managers and other tenants.
- Scope, source and manage other vendors as required for facilities and related activities.
Environment, Health & Safety:
- Manage compliance with Health & Safety requirements and sustainability.
- Regular inspections of the offices and ensuring local adherence to policies.
- Ensure up to date lists of first aid kits, first aiders and fire wardens, incl. training.
- Handel regional EHS enquiries, incident & near-miss reporting and investigations.
- Conduct new joiner inductions on office and local health & safety and security.
- First point of contact for security related incidents and investigations.
- Ensure CCTV and Access Control Systems are in place and operational.
- Advise on and monitor region and country specific office and travel security matters.
- Liaise with local emergency authorities; police, fire, ambulance.
Enterprise Risk Management:
- Write Workplace regional and local business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Compile all department regional and local BC&DRPs with department / local leads.
- Act as regional / country incident controller, including emergency communications.
- Provide remote support to other offices.
- Support other Workplace activities when needed.
- Establish effective working relationships with colleagues and external contacts and provide flexible support to other Managers as required.
- Monitor and report on office utilisation on weekly basis and proactively manage desk allocations within teams and across the offices, ensuring optimal space use.
- Take ownership of the budget and control of the total cost of occupation.
- Flexibility to travel regularly to other regional offices as required.
What You Bring Along:
This position is suited to a fast learning multi-location facilities manager with experience of working for a fast growing, fast paced tech company with broad workplace experience. Someone who is passionate about continuing their career in a dynamic and growing organization, where a “roll up your sleeves” attitude is much valued. You will be a strong communicator with a positive can-do attitude and able to demonstrate proactivity, taking initiative where needed.
- Multi-Location Real Estate & Facilities Management (mandatory)
- Strong verbal and written English (mandatory)
- Project Management/Office move experience
- Broad EHS, Security and Risk Management
- Financial analysis and data skills (bonus!)
- Other language skills (bonus!)
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.