At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 35 countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Localization team at Elastic is looking to add a new full-time member to its crew. The team is responsible for localizing the company’s written style, tone, and personality across our website, social media, events, collateral, video, emails, and more.
Our task is to communicate a variety of messages across many types of content in a compelling and accurate way, and also remains true to any given region or language. This means coordinating across many individuals in many geos, grasping and explaining technical concepts, understanding different cultures and communities, and delivering work that we’re proud of.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Analyze Elastic’s existing quantitative market and user data to identify broad trends across regions
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within Marketing as well as communicate with local teams and Developer Relations to understand our user and customer base
- Develop qualitative user research approach and discussion guides to complement quantitative data
- Collect data through A/B testing, surveys, leverage local events to conduct in-person user interviews to pressure test assumptions
- Identify core set of materials/pages that should be localized for all languages or subsets that should be region or country specific
- Evaluate communication channels per region/country and where different platforms should be leveraged
- Present on and share quantitative and qualitative research findings across teams with proposed strategic approach
- Work with teams to implement recommendations and measure impact results
- Provide a regular cadence of reporting to key stakeholders
What You Will Bring:
- BA/BS or equivalent degree and 2+ years experience in a marketing role
- Experience with Google Analytics, building analytical models, and drawing conclusions and making recommendations based on research
- A global mindset and an aptitude for culture, language, and nuance
- The ability to think broadly about strategy while addressing the details
- Crackerjack organizational skills, the ability to manage projects and collaborate
- A hunger to do better and be better, but not burn out
- A deep and abiding love for processing a lot of input, fishing out the interesting and relevant bits, and taking action to do something worthwhile
- Fluency in 2 or more languages
- The ability to work full time
How to Apply:
- Send us a resume and a note introducing yourself and your interest in Elastic.
- Additionally, write 250 words describing what you think Elastic does.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Option to work 100% remotely or from any office
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Our search might be focused in certain areas, but we are looking for great talent across the US.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law