At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites 600+ employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Are you are a software engineer who loves education? Do you want to meet lots of new people and teach engineers how to use Elasticsearch? Come join us at Elastic! In this role, you will support our global team of Education Engineers through creating and developing new educational materials for classroom and online training. You will also help maintain existing courseware and create software tools for interactive learning.
This opportunity has a direct influence on helping us grow and expand our education program by creating new courses for in-person and on-demand as well as helping build a certification program. The education materials you help build will be used by thousands of people every year!
Our ideal candidate thrives in an autonomous setting, taking the initiative to independently deliver results, as most of the team works remotely and we are happy to consider you wherever you live.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Keep existing Elastic Stack courseware up-to-date with the fast-changing features of Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana and Beats
- Use feedback and survey data from students and education engineers to create new courses and improve existing courses both for in-person and on-demand education
- Work with the engineering team, education team, and subject matter experts to improve existing courses and to create new learning objectives
- Create scripts, programs, and other similar technical artifacts that will assist the students in their learning environment and labs for courses
- Keep up to date with changes and advancements in the Elastic Stack and other similar technologies by following GitHub and other communications while in a parallel getting your hands dirty playing and experimenting with the software and code
- Work closely with education engineers to resolve issues with courseware discovered in the field
What You Bring Along:
- A minimum of 4 years experience working as an engineer, developer, or integrator in information retrieval or related technologies
- A minimum of 2 years experience building and developing curriculum, ideally supporting a national and/or global team
- BS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- A capacity to learn new things quickly and express your knowledge in a meaningful way
- Strong knowledge of a programming language (and related ecosystem and libraries) and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with search, databases and distributed systems
- A desire to learn as much as possible about the internals and use cases of the Elastic Stack
- Strong communication skills while multitasking at a rapid pace
- Excited to work with a highly distributed team and collaborative environment
- Experience with the following is a huge plus: Photoshop, SCORM, Captivate or Articulate E-learning software
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits, 401K plan
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 27 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. The candidate will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.