At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Business Systems Overview
We’re always on the search for amazing people. The Business System Team consists of people who have real passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. We reflect the larger company philosophy, to solve data problems, but focus internally on the systems we build and the internal partners we support. Agile in our processes, we strive to push the boundaries of our best-of-breed platforms to build a world-class systems operation. Our team thinks smart, strategic and scalable, and will push you to do the same.
We are looking to hire a Salesforce Administrator to join the team. As Elastic has grown, our Salesforce environment continues to scale with it. We'd like to hire an awesome admin to help meet the needs of our users. You will be working with our team of awesome developers and business partners to keep our Salesforce instance running smoothly and ensuring that as Elastic scales, Salesforce is right there with it. You will also be the first line of defense for operational questions and issues from Elastic employees around the global. The ideal candidate is looking to 1) Make an impact on a growing team and company 2) Enable us to scale our operations to match our explosive growth 3) Show a fundamental understanding of how users interact with Salesforce and the best ways to enable their success.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Tending to the everyday requests and questions from Elasticians on Salesforce
- Administrative tasks on Salesforce, including but not limited to assigning user profiles, reviewing access, creating fields, workflows, etc.
- Participating in our agile development process with our team of Salesforce developers to design, test, and implement new features on Salesforce
- Interviewing business users (Marketing, Sales, Support, Finance) to understand their processes and identifying where we can add features/workflows to make their jobs easier
What You Bring Along:
- Have 3+ years of Salesforce administrator experience doing things like designing, configuring & maintaining security/sharing rules, permission sets, field level security, record level security, roles and profiles.
- Administrated Salesforce Service Cloud, Sales Cloud and Community Cloud platforms
- Administrated Salesforce CPQ (SteelBrick) and/or FinancialForce applications
- Think in terms of simplicity and scalability in Salesforce. No need to create hundreds of profiles per micro use-case.
- Have a knack for listening and interpreting user requirements and then turning them into action
- Experience with Agile development practices and a sprint delivery model
- Salesforce.com certification(s)
- Experience with SOQL/SQL - familiarity and comfort with querying data
- Any developer experience on the Salesforce platform or other web application platforms
- Being awesome
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 401(k) matching
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.