At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites elasticians across 35 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
As the IT Support Technician, you will be part of a growing team to deliver customer service to our internal Elastic partners. Job responsibilities will include onboarding, providing support to our users, and supporting the local office IT infrastructure..
Business Systems Overview:
We’re always on the search for amazing people. The Business System Team consists of people who have real passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. We reflect the larger company philosophy, to solve data problems, but focus internally on the systems we build and the internal partners we support. Agile in our processes, we strive to push the boundaries of our best-of-breed platforms to build a world-class systems operation. Our team thinks smart, strategic and scalable, and will push you to do the same.
Let’s talk if you:
- Are a fast learner and have a broad set of technical skills - Mac (a majority of our laptops), Windows, Linux
- Have a passion for improving and automating processes (I.e. On-boarding)
- Possess excellent customer support skills
- Have the ability and interest in working in a fast-paced, high-growth setting with a positive approach
- Have worked with multicultural and geographically distributed teams
What You Will Be Doing:
- Deliver the highest level of customer service in a collaborative and distributed environment with a focus on helping people resolve issues as the first point of contact in our helpdesk.
- Update, maintain, and dispatch tickets routed to our ticketing system
- Onboard new employees, from setting up accounts, equipment procurement and equipment hand-off
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of laptops, network devices, printers, VoIP phone system and other office equipment
- Track hardware and software inventory
- Continuous review of business and IT processes, technologies, deployments and make recommendations for improvements
- Document and train users on IT systems and standard methodologies
- Provide A/V support
- Coordinate with external vendors to service or repair equipment
- Patch management on corporate infrastructure
What You Will lBring:
- Superb communication, documentation and customer service skills
- 1+ years of experience providing IT support in a corporate environment
- 1+ years of experience in support and troubleshooting of Mac OS platforms and Windows operating systems
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively
- Experience in cloud hosted solutions (G-Suite, Office 365, Netsuite, Salesforce)
- Experience working with Cisco, Meraki, HP, and other network solutions
- Experience with routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points
- Understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP, addressing, DNS)
- Familiarity with device management systems (ie. JAMF, Meraki)
- Familiarity with IT compliance and change management concepts is a plus
- Travel when needed to support remote offices (less than 5% of the time)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- ACMT certified
- Certified Casper Technician (CCT) or JAMF 200 Certification
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 401(k) matching
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.