At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We're looking to add a new Product Management node to the Elastic Product cluster. At Elastic, we’re keenly aware that users store sensitive business and personal data in Elasticsearch. We have an obligation to our users to build features, APIs, and tools that help them protect that data. This role is set up to help our organization and our users understand and execute on adding both open source and commercially licensed security features to Elasticsearch.
You’ll help drive roadmap of everything from integrations like SAML and OpenID to complex and custom data authorization schemes for banking, legal, and government organizations with special requirements. To be successful in this role, you need to be able to be comfortable speaking to developers as customers and to understand and think through data access models different organizations use in modern software stacks. You will work closely with our engineering teams to plan and prioritize key underlying server security features and APIs and with product marketing, sales, and our users to evangelize them. The ultimate goal of this role is to increase the security of Elasticsearch across a huge variety of use cases of the millions of installations around the world.
What You Will Do:
- Work with customers on understanding the special needs of their use cases and bringing those insights back to engineering
- Work with our engineers that work on authentication, authorization, cryptography, and security protocols on adding and integrating important features
- Thinking through business impacts of security features, including how we should license them and promote them
- Work with product marketing on demos showcasing our security features and with our sales, support, and consultants to make sure they understand the new features engineering is developing and help provide the best security practices to our users
- Track and improve KPIs around adoption and usage of Elasticsearch’s security features
Who You Are:
- Curious, collaborative, and empathetic
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience (mandatory)
- Comfort working in a highly distributed team
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in understanding how developers consume and secure APIs
- Prior history working on server software
- Open source software and/or commercial open source companies experience
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.